Buyer asked for a return because they "found a better price", but my listing said no returns.

Hello,

I've recently sold an item and have shipped it off to the buyer (it's currently in transit according to tracking). As soon as I shipped it the buyer has asked for a return as he stated "I found a better price". Because my listing said it does not accept returns, I have the option to decline the return request.

I'm just worried that if I decline it, the buyer will come back with a "not as described" or "damaged on arrival" and I'll be forced to refund and lose the item.

Is it safe to decline the request? Can the buyer make multiple return requests? Is it just easier to get them to ship the item back and refund them? Do I have the right to make them pay for return shipping, with tracking?

I've never had any issues or means to ask the community anything, so any help is appreciated, thanks. 🙂

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Buyer asked for a return because they "found a better price", but my listing said no returns.

padi, dont you just love how this "person" only registered this "name" yesterday.  So wish I knew the true seller name.......

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

look, ive been a long time ebay seller in the past, im just pointing out the pitfalls sellers go through, as a seller don't you want to know the truth?

new house new address new account

buyers rip sellers off  via ebay policy.. im guesing things u sell are only a few bucks, most of my items are over a $100 at a time..i protect myself from buyers who lie which they do alot because ebay policy is all for buyers not sellers..  

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

I don't see a good outcome for the vampire's selling account daydreams, if they insist on pursuing their mandate of direct payment through Paypal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

u really don't listen do u.. ebay can't do a thing about it because i don't break the law and ebay can't do anything about it as long as it is stated in the listing

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

I do listen and I do read your posts, but I've simply pointed out that you could be treading on very thin ice in eBay's eyes.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

ebay policy is not law, as long as you are honest in your listing they can't do anything about it. They will just remove listing, so then you change a few words and relist it, this is what happenned a cple years back on an old account, as long as you are honest and don't lie ebay can;t do **bleep**.

when u list it says wether u accept refunds/returns or not.

you say no returns.

it's posted no returns, a buyer buys then wants to return but your auction stated no returns, but ebay will still make u return it even though u click no returns, so who is wrong?

friggin ebay, they set their return policy, they give u the option to refuse that and they still force you  u to return even though u said no returns..  tell me im wrong

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

ahhhhh . . . . . the law . . . . . . memories . . . . . . March on vampire

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

ebay just want your fees, if u are selling big ticket items they will over look because they loose money if they dont let  u sell

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

I don't believe this guy   eye roll.gif

No amount of pointing out ebay's policies will convince them.

Vampire, if you're so sure of yourself, give us one of your item numbers.

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

but, but, but . . . . . it’s the law . . . . . . heard it all before

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply