Buyer returns a piece of paper instead of the actual item purchased

I sold a pair of Yonex Badminton shoes to a buyer in India. He wanted to return saying the it is too tight although I sent the correct size he ordered. He said he would pay return postage. Then he said he was sending return back via DHL and made a claimfor full refund in eBay immediatley with the reason  the item didn't match the descriptio after he got DHL shipping number. However, there is a very thin envelope with paper inside instead of a pair of shoes when DHL tried to deliver it to us. We knew it is not shoes inside and refused to accpet the envelope and notified eBay immediately. However, eBay still made a decision in favour of buyer and issued a refund to the buyer.

What can we do if a buyer returns a peice of paper or any rubbish instead of the item he bought and claims that the item is returned?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

to mesonquark   thats fair enough  about the weight of 1/2 kilo  you are prob right

but how does the seller prove that was the package from the buyer

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

All arguments aside, the bottom line here is that all the OP has to do is to fill out a stat dec detailing precisely what happened, and under Australian law, it must be accepted as being the truth. Paypal will then have no option but to reverse their decision. QED.
Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

to mesonquark   thats fair enough  about the weight of 1/2 kilo  you are prob right

but how does the seller prove that was the package from the buyer

Very easily. DHL will have documentation available which proves that it was.

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

The tracking number JD014600001588324787 is recorded on DHL's database as are the details from where the envelope was "picked up" from.

The tracking number shows it was sent from India DELHI (NEW DELHI) on the 27th Feb and was "picked up" by a DHL courier. Those records can be requested from DHL and used as solid evidence by the OP.
Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

and what is this documentation going to say    the seller of the shoes did not order the packsge to be delivered from india to aus 

dhl is not the sellers customer .dhl do  not have to talk to the seller

all i amsaying e stufed up and cant now prove a thing even though i think te seller is telling te truth  but what i think is not going to help him

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

well that helps the sellers case  

as long as the tracking tells you it was not delivered and sent back to te depot and then re delivered which tracking will tell you that

Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

joethenuts...um what I am I missing here ?

The buyer will have provided that tracking number for the return to eBay to show they returned "goods".

The DHL tracking will show that the envelope was not accepted, with two attempts to deliver - so how on earth could it have been "tampered" with by seller ?

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

to the cat   were do you think the parcel is   the seller has got it   but if true  he wont open it up and tell us whats inside and if there is a note maybe stating why there is no shoes in here 

everybody is blaming the buyer fair enough but open the dam package there might be a simple answere as to why there is no shoes in it 

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

Can you please point me to the post that says the item was delivered.

The OP in their OP said they did not accept the parcel flat envelope.

The online tracking which is extensive with many events also does not show that the item was ever delivered.

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

how do you think that the seller took some photos of the package   do you think that the driver said sure take your time take some photos i will wait outside dont bother signing for it and when you are finished taking photos just hand it back but dont take anything out of the package       please     they wont hand you a package unless you sign for it   these  pictures were taken from inside his place

and something i dont know and maybe someone can help are these stickers easy to take off these type of packages

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply