Buyer won't leave feedback or even respond to my messages

I have done the right thing by this buyer and contacted them to ask if all is okay and asked them to let me know if there is any problems but they just don't respond it obvious that they have been on eBay as they have listed things for sale. Does anyone have any advice or similar situations, I really think its bad form and spoils the eBay selling experience.
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Buyer won't leave feedback or even respond to my messages

On a few occasions I haven't left FB for a seller because I wasn't that happy about the transaction but dint feel a neg was justified.

Being pestered for FB would have tipped the balance 😉

Message 41 of 56
Latest reply

I get these messages all the time from Sellers who just wish to please and have happy customers. I for one, appreciate their efforts.  I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone could be annoyed at someone trying to give a good service and simply avoid the buyers who leave very positive feedback comments in the negative feedback section. I always do the right thing by sellers, and contact if there are problems, before leaving feedback. Unfortunately, a lot of buyers are too quick to fly off the handle at the least little thing and leave negative feedback. As a first time Seller, my very polite request for feedback or to contact with any concerns (as I need to build DSR) was completely ignored, so that buyer is now on my blocked list.  I am astounded that anyone would leave a neutral or negative, for no other reason than the Seller asked for feedback.  This really shocks me.  I do realize that as a Seller, sooner or later I will get a negative, no matter how hard I try to bend over backwards to please buyers, some will just never be happy. I just try to do the right thing by everyone, but I guess we are all different.

Message 42 of 56
Latest reply

Leave well alone x

Message 43 of 56
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I get these messages all the time from Sellers who just wish to please and have happy customers. I for one, appreciate their efforts.  I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone could be annoyed at someone trying to give a good service and simply avoid the buyers who leave very positive feedback comments in the negative feedback section. I always do the right thing by sellers, and contact if there are problems, before leaving feedback. Unfortunately, a lot of buyers are too quick to fly off the handle at the least little thing and leave negative feedback. As a first time Seller, my very polite request for feedback or to contact with any concerns (as I need to build DSR) was completely ignored, so that buyer is now on my blocked list.  I am astounded that anyone would leave a neutral or negative, for no other reason than the Seller asked for feedback.  This really shocks me.  I do realize that as a Seller, sooner or later I will get a negative, no matter how hard I try to bend over backwards to please buyers, some will just never be happy. I just try to do the right thing by everyone, but I guess we are all different.

Then you shouldn't have dragged up a 4½ yo thread that was surely dead!

Don't hassle buyers for fb.  Simples

Message 44 of 56
Latest reply

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member
NO FEEDBACK is good feedback! only 30-40% of buyers actually bother to leave feedback. Lazy bunch, but if there was a problem you would hear about it one way or another.. So, take it as a happy customer who is so overwhelmed with his ebay experiance, he merly forget! 🙂
Message 45 of 56
Latest reply

@screamingdemon_2007 wrote:
NO FEEDBACK is good feedback! only 30-40% of buyers actually bother to leave feedback. Lazy bunch, but if there was a problem you would hear about it one way or another.. So, take it as a happy customer who is so overwhelmed with his ebay experiance, he merly forget! 🙂

At the time the OP was posted, nearly FIVE years ago, the ratio was better than 60%. I highly doubt the OP is still sulking over it but, once again, it shows the futility of dragging up old threads when conditions have changed. I know you didn't do the dragging but you did respond as if the thread was current. Which it certainly isn't.

Message 46 of 56
Latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post on this thread. I have been holding my breath waiting to read what others think of what I had written. Believe me when I tell you that four and a half years is a long time to hold your breath! I haven't even farted in that time.

Now that I can breath again I will address your post. Excuse me while I reacquaint myself with how these boards work, I stopped posting regularly on this ID years ago and haven't posted much with this ID since the post on this thread.

I get these messages all the time from Sellers who just wish to please and have happy customers. I for one, appreciate their efforts.
Did you even bother the read the message I got from that seller all those years ago? Assuming you did, you find nothing wrong with that? Not even the USE OF CAPS ? I certainly didn't appreciate their message which arrived two days after they posted the item, but I am generally a happy buyer.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone could be annoyed at someone trying to give a good service and simply avoid the buyers who leave very positive feedback comments in the negative feedback section.
That message I received hardly constitutes good service.

I always do the right thing by sellers, and contact if there are problems, before leaving feedback.
Good for you, if I could give you a pat on the back I would, but a smiley face will have to do, if that is okay with you Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, a lot of buyers are too quick to fly off the handle at the least little thing and leave negative feedback.
Not me. I've never left a neutral or neg on this ID (and you can check that as my feedback is not private).

As a first time Seller, my very polite request for feedback or to contact with any concerns (as I need to build DSR) was completely ignored, so that buyer is now on my blocked list.

Are you selling items or feedback? I understand the need for feedback and DSRs, but I still feel that asking buyers to leave feedback is poor form from a seller. As for blocking a paying buyer, good luck with that selling strategy.

I am astounded that anyone would leave a neutral or negative, for no other reason than the Seller asked for feedback. This really shocks me.

Do not be shocked, the feedback a buyer leaves is allowed to be the buyer's opinion of the transaction. If a buyer feels strongly enough about being asked to leave feedback, OR being TOLD to leave feedback, then their opinion may well be negative or neutral.

I do realize that as a Seller, sooner or later I will get a negative, no matter how hard I try to bend over backwards to please buyers, some will just never be happy. I just try to do the right thing by everyone, but I guess we are all different.

To me, you are coming across as being very needy.  Relax a little, you will get your ten DSR ratings soon enough.

Classic stuff.........., love it,,,,,,,,,Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 56
Latest reply

Very well put LOTB. I was going to comment on the blocking buyers who don't leave feedback thing. I mean, blocking a paying buyer who might decide they are going to buy again? Can't want to offload their stock real quick. If I blocked every buyer who didn't leave feedback, I'd have none left. Some of my best repeat buyers have never left feedback. As someone else said, no feedback is good feedback! It still amazes me how much emphasis people place on feedback. It seems to so many that feedback is more important than selling their items. Last I checked, little green dots on a computer screen didn't pay the bills..........unless I'm missing something. I suppose while there are sellers blocking paying buyers because they don't leave feedback when demanded, there's more that are going to come my way instead. Therefore, those who block paying buyers for not leaving feedback, keep doing it.
Message 49 of 56
Latest reply

Now that's funny -  LOTB replying after 4½ years!  lmao smiley.gif

Message 50 of 56
Latest reply