Cant send revised invoice.

Scratching my head here. Buyers uses shopping cart to buy some items. Has not paid but I got an' I will be sending payment' email also. I think they may have used the bank transfer button instead of request total ..... 

Shows as unpaid in ebay but when I go to revise the invoice (we agreed on a postage cost that was higher for extra items ) I get - 

-Buyer has already paid for this invoice. The item is no longer available for checkout after 30 days since last created.-

Its not showing as paid and it was only last night. 

How do I do a revised invoice now ???

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cant send revised invoice.

I'm pretty sure when they go through checkout to get your bank details it's the same as them paying (in relation to doing invoices). I used to send them a message and say if they're using bank deposit only pay $X but it was usually too late and they would have already paid. In the end I think I adopted the view that if they can't wait for combined post then they're obviously not worried about saving money. You'll already have been charged fees on the postage amount.

Sorry, just re-read what you wrote about agreeing to higher postage. Perhaps they thought they'd pay before you did an invoice so they'd get away with cheaper postage. If you need more postage from them, just message them and tell them they'll need to do a second deposit. If it was me I'd wait and see how much they actually deposit first.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

buyer needs to unclick 'completed checkout' then you can send an invoice

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I think twyn is right.

If the buyer selects unmark as paid in the drop down menu to the right of item in their purchase history, you should be able to send an invoice.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

I didn't even know that was possible - it's been a while since I've used bank deposit, though, but back then I was never able to do that, only mark / unmark as payment sent, which doesn't reset checkout. 

It's handy to know they can, though, because like others, I've had a couple of buyers complete checkout then need a new invoice for one reason or another, and ebay wouldn't let me send it (not so long ago, sending the invioce after checkout was completed with bank deposit selected is what would reset checkout). 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

I didn't even know that was possible - it's been a while since I've used bank deposit, though, but back then I was never able to do that, only mark / unmark as payment sent, which doesn't reset checkout.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

No, but once the buyer marks as unpaid then I think seller can resend invoice which will reset checkout.

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It used to be that way, but the last month or so, once the buyer has completed checkout, it's impossible for me to send a new invoice - item marked as payment sent (for bank deposit) or not. 😞

I've had to cancel transactions so the buyer could purchase again and get a new invoice.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I'm with ghost on this one.  Have had to cancel the transaction and try again.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

All sorted - buyer said that once they bought (using the ebay app ...I hate mobile phones , they are more trouble than they are worth) they were asked to choose a payment type - no other option given to request total or anything like that ...  so they clicked bank deposit to save their paypal balance. Looks like ebays insain instant payment thing kicking in even though I have it unchecked. 

Anyways sent them a message with the correct amount to pay and they paid by DD so even better - no paypal fees. 

Thanks for your input folks. It is appreciated. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I just thought I'd mention that the FVF on the item price is charged to your account as soon as an item is purchased (paid for or not), while the FVF on postage is charged as soon as a buyer completes checkout - maybe that has something to do with it being 'locked' recently, when buyers select a non-instant / online payment method - depending on the postage tally, this can cost a bit in fees if the buyer can't receive and checkout with a revised invoice.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply