Customer opened not received case

Hi All,

Customer has opened a not received case, claiming they haven't received item. No other contact or messaged me at all.

They chose not to use registered post so no tracking on large parcel size, item.

I have 4 days till I must reply to the opened case.

I feel like holding back to the last day, as the Customers last 3 feedbacks have either been negative or neutral to the seller in the past month. 

Part of me feels that they either have the item and want refund or the parcel has been delayed.

Either way, unless they indicate they have received the item and drop the case, I will still be in a no win.

Just wondering if I should leave till the last day, or make contact with them before.

Thanks in advance for your time to reply.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer opened not received case

typo error, fingers typing quicker than my brain.... Long week!!!

it was about a 01 in the padded postage bag, and it was thin enough to fit in the large letter groove on postage card, that you get from post office.. I will make sure I do tracking on those as well now.

And yes, small parcels do give a tracking number on your receipt.

Thanks heaps.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@bizzybeadn wrote:

Hi All,

Customer has opened a not received case, claiming they haven't received item. No other contact or messaged me at all.

They chose not to use registered post so no tracking on large parcel size, item.

How do you get no tracking on a parcel?

Tracking is for your protection, not the buyers.

You're going to lose, so a refund is in order.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Customer probably has picked the option given by ebay when you have an enquiry. I thought all parcels have a tracking number once postage is paid....? Reg mail gets you a signature on delivery. You sound a little vicious in your question, holding out until the third day before answering, I certainly would not be buying anything from you if that was the attitude. Contact your customer, try to sort it out - provide them with the tracking number from the Aust Post receipt, holding out a reply will only guarantee neg/neutral feedback.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I am not sure what registered post has to do with a tracking number?

Two different things

ALL parcels lodged over the counter have a tracking number

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

No not vicious.

Just contemplated to hold out for 3 days just in case of slow delivery.

I thought customer would contact me first to ask question instead of going straight to opened case.

I have only had one of these experiences.

But thanks for input, I'll get in contact with buyer.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Just a heads up, but when as a buyer, you hit the button that says 'I didn't receive it'

it automatically opens a case.

Some buyers may think it will go straight to the seller, when in fact, it doesn't.

Personally, I think it' a bit deceitful of ebay.   But buyers should hit the 'contact seller' first.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

All parcels now have tracking included so check on the receipt that you were given when posting the parcel that number should show you where the parcel is or if it has been delivered.

Every seller should know that tracking/registered post is for the sellers protection and not the buyers lol.

If I purchased off you and you never sent with tracking and I didn't receive it then it's your problem and not mine.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for that heads up; I will remember that one.

I will re-look at my items also, most of my products go in a small padded postage pack that generally fits in between the 10mm??(i think it is)  card at post office, so not classed as a parcel just a large letter.

But after this one,  I will do tracking on all of them now.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it..

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Your original post said large parcel size item though

A large parcel size item would go as a parcel and ergo have tracking number 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Envelopes need to be sent registered post then if your items are of any value as they are classed as letters so with this case you have no choice but to refund.

Buyer will win the case so to avoid getting a defect then just refund.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply