EBAY HACKED- has this affected your Sales?

The recent hacking of ebay's site - has this affected anyone's Sales already?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: EBAY HACKED- has this affected your Sales?

Spoiler

My sales have been appalling for5 out of the last 6 months..

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

All I hear is cricket's on my postings.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

I've been taking my daughter to the city each day last week for country carnival netball, so hav'nt been following ebay. Monday & Tuesday nights I had four hours packing when I got home, Wednesday two hours, Thursday 30 minutes, Friday very little and its just gone down hill from there to a virtual standstill. I thought it may be because I havnt done a lot of listing lately, so put up 30 auctions yesterday of good items that would normally create a bit of interest. Current number of watchers Zilch, Zero, Zip. ( and only two or three hits on most items ) I,ve never seen anything like it.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Probably lots of things are effecting sales.

|Five weeks ago googling my own business name: My ebay listings came up first.

This last week googling my own business name: My web site listed first.

I don't think the hacking is the only issue.

My sales have been down, but still worth while.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

It's so hard to pick these days.

A week ago we had our best sales day in 4-months or so.

This past week we have declined badly.

One shop is more than 90% down. The other is about 50% down from what we would consider is normal.

When things are good on a weekend we should be packing 40-50 packages to go in the red box on a Sunday afternoon.

Today it will be 12 looks like. We really have no idea what's going on.

And as you say the views and watchers are way down. That indicates a lack of traffic on ebay. We have asked the largest Oz ebay seller in our particular category if they are down as well. But haven't heard back yet.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

And as you say the views and watchers are way down. That indicates a lack of traffic on ebay. We have asked the largest Oz ebay seller in our particular category if they are down as well. But haven't heard back yet.

Same here, re views & watchers down.

I think that the cyberattack on eBay and the FVF on postage have combined to create a "perfect storm" of buyers deserting eBay in droves. Although some sellers have noticed no downturn in sales, I like many other sellers on these posts have noticed across my eBay sites a marked downturn in all 3 parameters of buyer interest - "lookers", "watchers" and bidders/buyers since the two events which occurred within a short space of time (or at least in the case of the cyberattack, became public, which was quite some time after the actual cyberattack).

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

I had only one sale in weeks almost to a standstill

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Sold 20% of my monthly average yesterday.

Maybe with the start of winter people are looking for books?

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not affected our sales at all, they have been non existant for months on here, despite 100% feedback, being a famous company outside Ebay and having 100% good feedback our sales have been dire.  We've tried giving stuff away with sales, 99p starts, free postage, the lot and still no sales since Feb 2014.  Given up hope of selling anything on here.  Just going to put up a token ad once a month.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing we have found is plenty of watchers but they are keeping their hands in their pockets.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply