EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

@casbit33 wrote:

I am in the process of changing everything over to auction.

I can get all the auto free listings with auction, even though the most days i can select is 10

but 90 days is better than 30 and I wont have to worry about ending them before I get charged. Just relist at my own leisure when i have free listings. 

It will be great when I get it all done on all my accounts.

At the moment it's just one big headache.

Watching everything like a hawk, ending things before they relist into GTC

Reverting from BIN to auction shouldn't be too much of a headache. You can bulk end BIN listings, then bulk relist as auctions, starting 1 minute apart (or starting all at the same time if you like......I prefer to start them a minute apart in case I have any snipe bidders). If you were going the other way it would be a bit more tedious as auctions have to be ended one at a time.

While the $1 weekends remain, I'll keep a mix of auction and BIN. Once that promo stops (which it will), then I'll just list all auctions again. I will add a note in my listings that I am happy to end early on most things, so if you want to effectively BIN, send me a message and I'll end the listing and sell to them. Most of my auctions have BIN turned on, but not everyone wants to pay 30% more than the start price.

If you have the $1 weekend, scroll through your listings and end any BIN that finishes in the next 8 days, and relist as auction or GTC. Then next weekend, do the same thing. Each weekend, while the promo continues, end any listings that will roll over in the next 7-8 days. That should keep you safe. That's my plan anyway.

Once the $1 weekend promo ends, I'll be able to have lots more listings once they go back to auctions with 8 or 9 auto relists.

Message 301 of 374
Latest reply

I just spoke to a rep on the ebay chat help and she stated that you WILL be charged an insertion fee when the listing rolls over and is converted to GTC, though you shouldn't be it is a glitch they are aware of. When you are charged then you have to contact them to be reimbursed. She then said next month when they renew I will be charged again and will again have to contact them to reimburse. I asked for how long would they continue reimbursing, would be 8 months since I had 8 free relists left on some items? And she said they can't specify how long they will reimburse for. I said that since the conditions were 8 free relists when I listed them then that is what I should receive, as I don't believe ebay can change the terms and charges in the middle of the pre-agreed listing terms. She just reiterated that they can't specify and I may be charged and not reimbursed at any time in the future, thereby not receiving the 8 free relists agreed upon at time of listing. At over 700 listings that's a lot of "maybe" fees. I was advised to end my listings and relist them under the weekend promo, but that is only for single quantity listings. My issue with that is if I end and relist then I'm agreeing to the new terms of no free relists, and the old terms will no longer be valid. I believe this is their plan, to get people to agree to the new terms by relisting so they won't be able to be held to the old terms of 8 free relists, using coercion of "maybe" you'll get reimbursed 700 x $1.65 we can't actually specify. I believe that ebay is not being transparent about future charges on purpose.

I asked for her to forward a complaint on my behalf and she said they're collecting feedback and she would add to it. I also said that I believe ebay's actions to be illegal, since I don't believe agreed upon charges can be altered mid listing nor can they say you may or may not have to pay a fee, I said I'm considering reporting to the ACCC. She said she'd pass that along also.

Message 302 of 374
Latest reply

and also to casbit33

When you do auctions on the $1 weekends (while they are still available), just remember that the $1 only applies if the item is sold within that 7 day listing.

Once you tick the auto relist, and your items sell on week 2+ you are up for the full FVF.

ATM, my listings are for 7 days only, and then I bulk relist once I've accepted the weekend $1 offer.  That way if I'm fortunate enough to sell something in week 2+, I still only pay $1 ($1.10 inc GST)

* Note though, if you do sell in week 1, watch eBay's invoicing.  I was charged full FVF - a credit is being issued.

Message 303 of 374
Latest reply

I leave all my auctions without the auto relist box ticked for that very reason. It takes less than a minute to bulk relist everything each weekend (assuming you don't want to change anything in the listing).

Message 304 of 374
Latest reply

And then you just amend the one or two you want to, and bulk relist the rest.

Plus (as I said in a post umpteen pages ago), I also schedule new items during the week to start at an appropriate time once I've accepted the weekend offer.

No great effort at all to do it this way. Then I can get on with the more important things in life !!

Message 305 of 374
Latest reply

Totally agree!!! The less effort the better. Then I can enjoy everything that life brings me away from eBay.

Message 306 of 374
Latest reply

under the agreement i took this weekend , it makes no mention of GTC listing only.    so techinally it is a breach of their own terms....

this is 4 x copy and paste from the sell function they are trailing in the USA ebay

starts at 5.7% then i added 10%  15% and 20%  it goes higher still 

BUT THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING  and i bet my blls is the reason GTC listing are coming into play

Promoted Listings
Boost your item's visibility with premium placements on eBay and pay only if your item sells! Learn more. By checking the box, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Set ad rate

-%+                 5.7 %   =
$9.69

Ad fee if this item sells from Promoted Listings
Select a campaign

Promoted Listings
Boost your item's visibility with premium placements on eBay and pay only if your item sells! Learn more. By checking the box, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Set ad rate

-%+                       10 %  =
$17.00

Select a campaign

Promoted Listings
Set ad rate

-%+                      15%  =
$25.50

Select a campaign

Promoted Listings
Set ad rate

-%+                          20%  =
$34.00

Select a campaign

And it just keeps going higher and more expensive
THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 307 of 374
Latest reply

Don't use it then.

Promoted listings have been available to stores for quite a while. Obviously the takeup rate is low as they keep on offering credits. The last one was for $150, I think. The current one for $100 started as soon as that finished.

The weekend mega offer is for auctions and BINs. BINs, since Wednesday, are GTC only. How is not specifying that the only option is the only option a breach of contract?

Message 308 of 374
Latest reply

non store listing

because if they say nothing about only being able to list GTC listings and not fixed then the agreementis in breach   and its on their side .   its a mutual agreement between 2 parties ,  both sides can breach if the dont follow the terms of agreement

if they are changing to only GTC and austiocns   why does my agreement still say fixedlist and  auction   but NOT ONE WORD OF GTC only for fixed .

i also didnt get any email regard this issue

Message 309 of 374
Latest reply

Fixed price listings are fixed price. Duration has nothing to do with the definition, and now there is only one durartion.

If you feel so strongly about it, report it to the ACCC. They at least have the power to do something if they deem it illegal (which I doubt). Certainly more than the other members here.

One could almost think that you are trying to get others to do the heavy lifting.

Message 310 of 374
Latest reply