EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

Just received eBay's latest assistance to sellers *Ebay's NEW HEALTH CHECK* .

This may be old news but they are moving timed BUY IT NOW and will move all my listings to GOOD TIL CANCELLED. Well that is not what I want but then again we have no say. 

This does not suit me for many reasons with something new I like to use 10 days as an option. The rest are 30 day listings which gives me the option to adjust the listings if they are not attracting buyers or watches. I will sometimes group them with other items etc. 

I find the 30 day listings far more manageable for my business needs. 

So if all fixed listings are good til cancelled I dare say the next step will be for those with ebay stores will be reduced with the amount of fixed listings in their subscription. 

Good til cancelled also means there will be a hell of a lot of old stock on there for years or if I remember correctly they were bringing in limited time for listings.

I have had my vent but OH SO FRUSTRATING makes me wonder why I am doing this. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: EBAY'S NEW HEALTH CHECK - I think it is seriously SICK!!

one might think you are a cynical ebay store owner.      cause you sound like one    but at @ 15 items a year average i doubt it  !!!

maybe you have another account with store .   hmmm...

they are playing on words and non attentive sellers   and also trying to segregate listings even more so they can implement new functions to get more $ from private sellers.

i have done my research ,  and i know what the agreement says... 

i know what they are doing on other platforms 

i know EBAY want to ditch PAYPAL  ( why you say ,  because Paypal make more money from a private seller sales than EBAY do , EBAY make more tax write-offs as it is )

i know i know , and i know i know i know ,,, but i dont know why i even  bothered replying to you tbh , and with your previous reply you are no longer worth talking too.

Maybe it listing like your that dont sell much  that ebay are trying to health check  ??  at 15 @ per year average

Maybe i will contact ACCC  butunless you didnt know its the weekend and only found out about this issue this morning 

Message 311 of 374
Latest reply

one more thing countering you thinking   me being the LAZY one.

i have read most comments about this and im the only one that actually gave evidence and a good theory as to what and why this is happening  . so next time you want to try and label and cause **bleep** use your brain

Message 312 of 374
Latest reply

15 items a year?

A tad more than that. I have given enough information for anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together to accurately assume I do indeed have a store. Not on this ID, obviously.

But I'm not the one claiming illegal activities, breach of contract, etc on eBay's part.

Btw, eBay announced they would be ditching Paypal approximately a year ago. 31 January 2018, to be exact.

I also sold a book today that had been listed for 9 years (not on this ID). That's the thing with books - it sometimes takes a while for the right buyer to come along. So, yes, I have stale listings, but they sell eventually.

Message 313 of 374
Latest reply

i have sold books over $1000 and it sold in under 3 days

its listings that take 9 f'n years that ebay would love to get rid of outta thier system   

thats a health check

Do you wanna keep trying this futile attack   ???

Message 314 of 374
Latest reply

@elderbluedragon wrote:

i have sold books over $1000 and it sold in under 3 days

its listings that take 9 f'n years that ebay would love to get rid of outta thier system   

thats a health check

Do you wanna keep trying this futile attack   ???

Too bad the buyer didn't leave feedback. Sounds like you underpriced it.

Message 315 of 374
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

I am in the process of changing everything over to auction.

I can get all the auto free listings with auction, even though the most days i can select is 10

I understand sellers changing listings to auction to avoid the GTC saga (for those it doesn't suit).

As a buyer though, I very rarely buy via auction as, if I'm looking for something in particular, I would rather buy, pay and be done with it.

I presume that sellers who listed fixed price did so for a number of reasons, including it being a better selling method for their particular items.

I wonder how this is going to impact their sales.

As a buyer it will probably save me money as there is not a lot I really need an having to wait for an auction to finish will be a disincentive to buying.

Message 316 of 374
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

@casbit33 wrote:

I am in the process of changing everything over to auction.

I can get all the auto free listings with auction, even though the most days i can select is 10

I understand sellers changing listings to auction to avoid the GTC saga (for those it doesn't suit).

As a buyer though, I very rarely buy via auction as, if I'm looking for something in particular, I would rather buy, pay and be done with it.

I presume that sellers who listed fixed price did so for a number of reasons, including it being a better selling method for their particular items.

I wonder how this is going to impact their sales.

As a buyer it will probably save me money as there is not a lot I really need an having to wait for an auction to finish will be a disincentive to buying.

I feel the same way. Although my buying on ebay has slowed right down, I much prefer BINs to auctions. If I want the item, I do not want to wait until the auction finishes in a week or so. And usually I am the only bidder any way.

From the perspective of a seller, I find auctions a waste of time, as invariably they end on the one bid. 

However, if your items suit auctions, go for it. But if they consistenly end with a single bid, it might be worth rethinking.

Message 317 of 374
Latest reply

Ha haaa... So true.. Some sellers are equal 2/3/4 or 5 sellers for some reason ... So now to how is this affecting everyone's sales?? Co- incidence or not? But my sales crashed around about the changeover date. I know it's Febuary tho.. About the quietest month of the year for many of us here. BUT did anyone else notice sales stopping around this time? I'm thinking its not a coincidence!

Message 318 of 374
Latest reply

I've seen a lot of sellers saying they're planning to end their listings just before they are due to renew so I thought I'd better share here that I have been told by an ebay help rep that if you end too many listings you can get a defect on your account. I'm not sure how many items get you a defect or how many defects you're allowed or anything like that but that's what I've been told so I'd be careful with the bulk ending and relisting of numerous items.

Message 319 of 374
Latest reply

@oz-e-seller wrote:

I've seen a lot of sellers saying they're planning to end their listings just before they are due to renew so I thought I'd better share here that I have been told by an ebay help rep that if you end too many listings you can get a defect on your account. I'm not sure how many items get you a defect or how many defects you're allowed or anything like that but that's what I've been told so I'd be careful with the bulk ending and relisting of numerous items.

Unless things have changed, you only get into trouble if you end too many auctions that have bids on them. I think you can end 2 with bids, then you get into trouble. BIN listings, there is no limit as far as I know. Sellers end bucket loads of listings all the time, for things like going on holidays, moving house, lots of reasons. Non stores don't have the option of going into holiday mode, so only have the choice of ending everything.

Message 320 of 374
Latest reply