Ebay Dead in the Water

Haven't sold anything for a few weeks, in fact dead since Christmas,anyone else the same?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ebay Dead in the Water

Indeed. Some have been here for years and all through those years have had the same attitude. I assumed at first they were kids, but alas they would have grown up by now so they must just be bitter adults.

Sales are slow for sure. I know the economy is tough right now, and a lot of people have probably moved in to variable mortgages from fixed rate over the last few months which won't help.

Strangely though, you would think the 2 platforms I sell on would be quite consistent, but the ratio of sales on eBay to the other platform is slowly evening out. Even though I would say only 50% of my listings are on the other platform, from 6 months ago the ratio was 70/30 in eBay's favour, the last couple of months are around 60/40. Obviously there could be other factors but if it was purely economy you would think it would remain fairly stable. This is despite the fact that for every 10 listing I list on eBay I probably only list 5 on the other so listings on eBay far outweigh the other.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Maybe they feel like they have not sold anything for weeks? What difference does it make if they have had 1, 2 or ten? They are asking a valid question which is what these boards are intended for. Not for a bunch of people with nothing better to do to jump on every post and not even attempt to help.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

@oddsandendsoz wrote:

Maybe they feel like they have not sold anything for weeks? What difference does it make if they have had 1, 2 or ten? They are asking a valid question which is what these boards are intended for. Not for a bunch of people with nothing better to do to jump on every post and not even attempt to help.

If you had bothered to read all of my posts you would see that I said my sales were strong,  so I have provided an answer

PS.  They have said no sales for weeks, yet their sales history indicates different.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

My Sales are up slightly YoY when accounting for a 5 day outage due to a change over of API vendor.

Not 'dead' by any means

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Since xmas, sales are way above expectations,  and up YOY.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

They had a lot of sales leading up to christmas which is understandable considering what they sell. So once the new year hit sales would have dropped and I was the same when I used to sell Lego. 

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Sometimes if Im in a hurry I will write a post that I have worded badly and it will come out sounding incinsere. As you can see many posters feel this way so I double check what I write especially as a first reply. 

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

It may depend on what sort of items you have on ebay.

I had a quick look, you seem to sell mainly vintage jewellery.

I would guess that a lot of people take a breather from buying personal items over January, if they can.

They have just had big expenses over Christmas, plus they might be gearing up for school fees and uniforms etc. It's an expensive time.  Plus some people may have been away on holidays over part of January.

Jewellery is one of those things people like to buy but they don't absolutely have to have, right that moment.

You may find that sales pick up further into the year.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Nothing rude about it

Factual comment

Your completed listings very clearly show your last sales were not weeks ago

Sorry you did not get the answers you wanted to hear

Most people here are not rude, we simply give factual replies 

Anyone at all looking at your completed listing will see exactly how many and how recent your sales have been 

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

So what date do you see for their last sale? 

Weeks ago?

No

A week and several of them 

We are all genuine 

The ones giving the factual. honest answers

Us

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply