Ebay blocking communication completely?

Has Ebay finally lost the plot totally with their fear of 'off site' transactions paranoia?

I just went to ask a seller a question about a item but noticed that there was no 'ask seller question' link at bottom of listing. Thinking the seller may  have disabled asking questions I looked further. Checked about another 20 listings for various items ( new & used) from both private sellers & stores.

The usual ask seller a question has dissapeared from all the listings. The only option to ask anything was in the product reviews at the bottom of page from store listings.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay blocking communication completely?

There is a " contact seller" icon in a box on the top right corner of litings, just under " save this seller" , so it looks like it might just be another helpful change of layout by ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

WHAT THA? Found the same here, absolute killer of sales if ever I saw one.   So, Ebay just expect a buyer to cough up the money and hope for the best that the item will actually suit. Hang on......oh I forgot, simple, just complain that it doesn't match the description and claim a refund.  Stuff the seller. Hope this is just another system glitch, for the sake of you sellers that are left. For me, I no longer sell, but when I buy, I like to ask a question if I feel it is required, not to be gagged by big brother.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Well, if that is the case it will be a shame for those looking at used items.

How on earth can other buyers or sellers help with those sorts of things? 

Sometimes there are things not mentioned in ads that you may really need to know.

Heaven help the seller who has forgotten some piece of information or made a mistake. I once messaged a seller of a heavy, bulky item to ask if they were really offering post of $10.20 or if they meant pick up only & they changed that listing immediately with many thanks.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I was so incredulous when I read your post that I had to check it out for myself.  To my horror I find that you have not missed anything....the Ask a Question link is missing from all listings.

Only if there is a review of the product is there also a link to ask a question which seems to be able to be answered by anyone....buyers or sellers.  Too bad if you want to ask the seller a question specifically about their listing.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

There is a " contact seller" icon in a box on the top right corner of litings, just under " save this seller" , so it looks like it might just be another helpful change of layout by ebay.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Only one little problem. I just tried the icon and like most things on ebay these days.................. it didnt work.......Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

They had better fix this stuff up pretty quick. I have a need for a rather expensive item from an Aussie seller but I wont be buying without finding out a couple of specific details to ensure that the item will suit. Oh, hang on, this will be easy, the seller is using their proper trading name to list with, I WILL do a search for their phone contact, and then I WILL buy outside of the Ebay system, and probably get an even better price due to the fees being bypassed. Another problem solved Ebay, but it will work in reverse if you push it. As far as sellers/buyers trading outsde of Ebay, I often receive a newsletter/specials page, along with all the sellers details directing you to their own website, never to buy via Ebay again. When it is posted along with the sent items, nothing Ebay can do. None of their business. They will just have to treat people in a better, fairer way than what they are doing at the moment to survive.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I've been looking at a few listings for an item that would be pick up only but the dimensions (especially width) are critical & you'd be surprised how often some sellers just leave out the measurements.

If i can't check, then why would I risk buying?

I'm not interested in clicking to buy, travelling to check & then saying it is not as described to get my money back.

I'm wondering if they are trying to make it a lot harder for pick up only listings.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Only if there is a review of the product is there also a link to ask a question which seems to be able to be answered by anyone....buyers or sellers.

I'll be able to ask all the Rainbow Rose seed sellers the same question then and buyers might answer as well

as some might have had seeds come up,good.gif

I'll see how this one goes and might "expand" the next one I leave a question for,Sunnies.gif

Fake seeds 1.PNG

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I clicked on it using a PC and it worked fine for me. Maybe a problem on a mobile device?

In all my years of using eBay, I've never used the "ask a question" link at the bottom of pages. I have always used the "contact seller" link up the top every time.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply