Extended time away?

I'm going to be away for almost 3 months - has anyone paused their store for 30 days, then done so again?  I don't want to take all my listings down and relist - far too much work 
appreciate any advice

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extended time away?

Not sure how that would work.

If someone understands you are away for 30 days - but in no hurry for the purchase - so purchases anyway - how do you send. ??

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Like everyone has said. I do it every year for my Christmas break. Hide your items. Stretch out the Time Away as far ahead as you can.  With a day or so to go, end Time Away and then immediately start it again, again stretching as far ahead as possible. Rinse and Repeat for as long as necessary.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Not sure how that would work.

If someone understands you are away for 30 days - but in no hurry for the purchase - so purchases anyway - how do you send. ??

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Hide your listings so no-one can purchase.

Time Away | eBay

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I have done that a couple of times. But there is no direct extension, at least I could not find any. So I just end holidays a couple of days before the month is up, and then immediately activate holiday mode for another month.

For 3 months ago, I guess you will need to do it at least twice, or every month. A bit of a pain there.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Like everyone has said. I do it every year for my Christmas break. Hide your items. Stretch out the Time Away as far ahead as you can.  With a day or so to go, end Time Away and then immediately start it again, again stretching as far ahead as possible. Rinse and Repeat for as long as necessary.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi , that's good to hear - and exactly what I plan on doing ... have set reminders in my calendar ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

There is an easier way that will give you longer time away before you have look at them.
Use the 'out of stock' option.
After adjusting your Seller Preferences to use 'out of stock' option simply edit all your listings to 0 stock.
This will hide the '0' stock listings for up to 180 consecutive days before ebay ends them.

You must enable 'out of stock' option in your Selling preferences to yes - then bulk edit all your listings to 0 stock. Done!

When you return - remember edit/re-add the stock amount to each listing first - then change your stock option settings back to NO to reactivate each listing.
See details below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listing-tool?id=4160&st=3&pos=4&quer...

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that using "out of stock" would lower a seller's ranking in the listing when relisting it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Not that I am aware as I use it regularly as it keeps the sales history of that item. When it is finally deleted from stock and you have to relist you lose sales history. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply