Goodbye to eBay

After years of selling on eBay, I have decided to finish up and don't intend to list any more items.  As I do free postage, it's not worth the effort, if you purchase the items you sell and do free postage   The market isn't there any more  Woman Sad

I have no complaints, and have enjoyed the interaction with  buyers, some who are in contact regularly whether buying or not.

Now for the ironic part .. since making this decision a couple of months ago, the following has been on my page EVERY DAY !!!  (for over 2 months)   How I would have loved this over the past years Woman Happy

Pay Only When You Sell This Month
Pay no insertion fees on up to 100 listings per day. Auction and Fixed Price listings only Learn More - opens in a new window or tab
Available at ebay.com.au
22/01/18 00:00:00 AEDST
23/01/18 00:00:00 AEDST
Active
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Goodbye to eBay

touche

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

In the Seller dashboard, unsold listings constantly show items that have been relisted. This is a total waste of time. I want to find items that haven't been relisted. I have to scroll through 10 pages of relisted items to find ones that haven't been relisted. Ebay don't make things simple for you. You spend a lot of time on things that shouldn't take so long. I could list more but what's the point.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

At the top of the page are options to refine the display.

Select 'not relisted' and your 'problem' is solved.

Or leave because you can't navigate the place. This is a 'I'm spitting the dummy and want everybody to know even though I don't usually post on the boards' thread, after all.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

Ok but I don't understand why they don't make the default setting not relisted. The other issue I have is when printing address labels a lot of them are not set up correctly like for the suburb they put Adelaide instead of the suburb and you have to make changes in order to properly print the labels. This happens a lot, this should be something Ebay sorts out with each user before they purchase. It is a bit of extra work but happens a lot for me. 

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

Agree

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

@morgan*73 wrote:

Ok but I don't understand why they don't make the default setting not relisted. The other issue I have is when printing address labels a lot of them are not set up correctly like for the suburb they put Adelaide instead of the suburb and you have to make changes in order to properly print the labels. This happens a lot, this should be something Ebay sorts out with each user before they purchase. It is a bit of extra work but happens a lot for me. 

Perhaps the relisted item has hundreds of sales to happy customers who want to find that item again quickly, rather than having to scroll through pages of new fly by night, inexperienced sellers, with overpriced listings.

I buy a certain packaging item in bulk from a particular seller every few months. It drops off my purchase history, before I get around to buying it again, so cant track it that way. . The seller has over 10,000 listings and multi variations in size and quantity, so can take some finding there. I find it simplest to just type in the item and the succesfull sellers item comes up top of my search.

The fact that you want to see new listings, does not mean everyone else wants to see new listings, or that " not relisted" is even the most popular ebay search for everyone. That is why ebay has the search parameters in place, so that buyers can change them to suit their own personal needs.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

@chameleon54 wrote:

I buy a certain packaging item in bulk from a particular seller every few months. It drops off my purchase history, before I get around to buying it again, so cant track it that way. . The seller has over 10,000 listings and multi variations in size and quantity, so can take some finding there. I find it simplest to just type in the item and the succesfull sellers item comes up top of my search.

Ummm, Chameleon, your purchase history goes back two years.

There's a drop down for that.

purchase history.PNG

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

Morgan was talking about his ended items. Not looking for something to buy. Pays to read the whole thing sometimes.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

Smiley Embarassed                Thats a good reason to keep comin back to the forums......Still learnin stuff I didnt know.....

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Goodbye to eBay

Your learn something new every day Chameleon, so keep coming back !!  ..... I retired (at retiring age) 10 years ago and am still learning  Woman Happy 

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply