Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

Subject says it all. I have to report Ebay to the ACCC.

A couple of months ago I spotted extra fees being invoiced by Ebay for non-existant listings. I have dealt with multiple EBAY representatives by phone, chat and email and had enough. Reps hang up, cut off chat's and don't respond to emails. 

I managed to get one set of fees refunded but Ebay is refusing to deal with the rest which have been charged over the past few months. Reps have gone so far as to deny the existance of those fees when they are clearly present in invoices and have been debited from my Paypal account.

The arrogance is incredible.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

As a seller (which this board is about), I would say it is nothing to do with me if eBay haven't refunded your GST. And this thread is about eBay charges to sellers, not the GST, which wasn't even introduced when this thread was current. 

And it would need a lot more information, preferably in a new thread on the BUYING board, for me to even be able to hazard an answer.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Re: Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

I have just found this thread..yes they do over charge..I was recently charged $81 listing fees when under 40 items listed are free to list..I had 35 items..They did refund me..but it has probably happened many times and I did not notice..Next issue is I am listing items as Buy It Now and for some reason they think that they can change my listings to offers..after 30 days without my consent..I have asked them why and they refuse to anser the question. They are confusing my customers wasting my time in having to go in and revise the listings..and messing with business
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

If you didn't notice such high fees, then maybe you're no good at business - just sayin'

Ebay messes with listings all the time, and you have to be on top of it.

You only have 39 listings.    How hard can it be?

Imagine if you had over 2,000.    Just take care of business and your customers won't be confused.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Its easy to believe. Not everyone checks their account listings, I do, which is why it's easy to believe. Problem is there's not much you can do about it except complain and be limited on their marketplace or shut shop.
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

OP had their vent FOUR years ago. They are probably over it by now.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

they are doing the same to me and I can not even get on to anybody that night deal with the problem. I ahve tried to resolve it by returning emails to the bills they ahve sent for no listinbgs?>? and no response they jsut ingonre and keep charging and threatening to close account and paa it on to collections. I would like to know how to get off this merry go round without reporting them. Even their chats are not available due to Covid-19!!

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

It is a bit difficult to give an accurate answer when you are complainingg on a new account but at a guess I would say the account in question had a store.  Cancel the store subscription and the fees should disappear.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

I suspect this bumper is the one who resurrected the other dead thread. If so, they do indeed have a store.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply