How Can I List An Item For Sale When...

How can I list an item for sale when I don't want to accept credit card as a payment option?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: How Can I List An Item For Sale When...

@this-way-up wrote:

Grow up...Act your age!

Yes'm.

guilty

I will, against my better judgement, take you seriously for a minute, and I hope you take what I say seriously.

Your posts bother me, that much is obvious, but here's the reason why. When I first started selling on eBay, I decided to thoroughly research everything it entailed - at that time, merchant facilities and Paymate weren't an option, so I had to offer PayPal. 

I read up as much info as was available at PayPal, then I researched other sites online, and what I mostly found was people much like yourself, who had had one or two bad experiences and felt the needed to alert the world to the dangers of PayPal and - by virtue - credit card payments.

As a result, I feared using it. Not to the point that I didn't try selling, but I created listings with TOS that were dictated by that fear. 

Your posts bother me because I know now that what I was paying to was sensationalist propaganda based on a very narrow amount of information and fact. Your posts bother me because I know first hand how dangerous it is for someone to pay attention to that sort of thing. 

Is it wise to be aware of all the risks involved with accepting certain payment methods? Yes, of course it is. But it's wiser to be informed about how to minimise and - yes - even prevent those risks. 

Please, stop posting content that ignores some very important and useful information that people can benefit from. If you want to inform the community about dangers, fine, be my guest, just don't do it without understanding, accepting and relating other facts that minimise and even counter those risks. 

If you refuse to inform yourself of the information I'm referring to, and to place your warnings in a more approriate context, then I refuse to take you seriously and will continue to post in the manner I have been.

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This discussion is getting a little heated. Could we please communicate with a more civil tone. Thanks!

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

As a result, I feared using it. Not to the point that I didn't try selling, but I created listings with TOS that were dictated by that fear. 

Your TOS mean absolutley NOTHING...Rules are the rules, the Law is the Law and no matter what TOS you think apply, they don't and never did !!!

YOU are the one giving out mis-information...along with others 🙂

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

Your TOS mean absolutley NOTHING...Rules are the rules, the Law is the Law and no matter what TOS you think apply, they don't and never did !!!

YOU are the one giving out mis-information...along with others 🙂

You get the gold star for missing points. 

No need for the mods to worry, I won't bother trying to discuss things with you anymore. 🙂

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

Did you ???

After all...You are one of those disputing my question !!!

So did you ???

I'm not sure why you are giving me grief  Smiley Frustrated  I have not disputed your question at all, and I am interested in whether there is a way.

In post #5 I offered you a possible way of excluding credit cards by posting "You could try stating "e-cheques only" in your description" but then cautioned this with "but this won't stop buyers using PayPal with Credit Card funding the purchase".  You said that this would breach eBay policy.  I was referring to PayPal payment by e-cheque . . . . . which would technically mean you still offer PayPal payment as a method of payment . . . . . and I still think you could try it and argue the technicality with eBay if they pull you up on it.  I was not having a go at you in any way, shape or form.

In post #13 you wrote "...The question is how to list an item on eBay and not accept credit card?  The answer has been given above..."It's not possible"    " and then in post #19 you wrote "How to list an item and not accept credit card as a payment option?  So far the answer is...You can not ! ".

So I got the feeling that you knew it was not possible . . . . which is why I asked in post #29 whether you knew that it was not possible (while once again not having a go at you in any way, shape or form) when you posted the thread.  I can tell from this and previous threads that this is a subject you feel passionately about.  I didn't post on the previous thread where there was a lot of angst between you and other posters because I didn't have anything to contribute to that thread.  In this thread I have not disputed your question, I'm just curious about why you have asked the question when it seems you already knew what the answers would be.

I will not get involved in any **bleep**-for-tat posting so I will leave it at this . . . . I wish you well in your quest to find a way to list on eBay that is acceptable to/for you.  It's not that I am giving up, I just don't feel that I have anything more to contribute to this thread.  Good luck.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

I can not believe that my previous post was censored!!!! The common expression "xxx-for-tat" had the first three letters removed.  The **bleep** was not for any harsh word.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

LOLOLOLOL Sir Sales!

and yet over on CS, they allowed pics of naked ones to remain!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

Somehow mammary glands for tat doesn't have the same ring to itSmiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

could add tassles

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

LOL - I wonder if Sir sales is blushing cos he accidentslly wrote a rude word...

poor Sir Sales

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply