How to upload photo to ebay reply message to prove sent item on time

I have received a defect for an item which took 3 weeks From W.A. to Queensland.  I sent it registered mail.  They purchased on 31st December, couldnt send New Years Day as Australia Post was closed. Sent it on 2nd January.  Now got a defect for late delivery.  I am trying to present my evidence with Australia Post receipt  but cant upload the photos.  How do I do that in ebay messages?

Can someone please help.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to upload photo to ebay reply message to prove sent item on time

@kangaroochiwrote:

Thank you all for your input.

The live chat says its closed and open office hours.

I did upload the Registered number on the day I sent the items.

There is no button for photos on message reply.

I sent 3 parcels all up on the day. 1 with tracking, 1 with registered number and 1 large envelope - all on same receipt.

Surely they can see if all items were sold on the 31st Dec or 1st Jan and Australia Post is closed that I am going to post all on the same day. The one with the normal tracking was uploaded same day.  The receipt says PPL Reg Post x 1, stuck this registered number to the receipt and uploaded same, but the receipt does not record the number only has the sticker. it was lodged over the counter.

When you lodge items over the counter, ask for a lodgement reciept. This is different to a reciept for money paid and forces the counter staff to scan the item in at time of lodgement. It gives the date time and tracking number for each item lodged.

Been to the Post Office twice today as they said they can pull up the confirmation I had posted it.  Their records only say it was

DELIVERED!! 

Again, asking for a lodgement reciept will prevent this from occuring in future.

This is so frustrating, time wasting, and because it is the second time in just over a year, I didnt follow up the last one ,but decided not to let this one ride.

Two defects for late posting in a year ? With the number of sales you are achieving that is nothing to worry about. You are allowed up to 5% of transactions with late deliver defects before you lose top rated seller status and 10% before your account is " managed ". 

You can never please all of the people all of the time. If we sell on ebay we need to accept that occasionally things go wrong, we make mistakes, buyers make mistakes and even ebay make mistakes ....Smiley Embarassed    ( hard to believe I know......Smiley Very Happy   ). If we sweat the small stuff like an occasional late postage defect or neutral / neg. feedback from a difficult buyer, it can become very stressful and make the business of selling on ebay much more unpleasant than it needs to be. Much better just to roll with the punches most of the time.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I had a similar problem myself & so I rang eBay, and they said instead of responding via eBay messages (where you can't upload photos as evidence), reply to the message via your normal email account Smiley Happy

Good luck with getting the defect removed too

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

There should be an "Attach Photos" button on top when you're writing a message in My ebay: Messages. Unless you're using a mobile phone, then I don't know.

Edit: Oh, I was too late anyway

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

There is with normal messages, but very conveniently (NOT), with the messages for INR that I got, no such button Smiley Sad

Edit  I'm usualy the slow one, lol

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Get on live chat and give them the rego post number so they look it up on aus posts site. The beauty of live chat is they send a transcript of the sessions o you have what they say in writting unlike on the phone where its he said-she said and no proof of who said what. . 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

While it won't help this time, registered has tracking. The trick is to lodge over the counter and upload the tracking number within your handling time.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I sent 3 parcels all up on the day. 1 with tracking, 1 with registered number and 1 large envelope - all on same receipt.

Surely they can see if all items were sold on the 31st Dec or 1st Jan and Australia Post is closed that I am going to post all on the same day. The one with the normal tracking was uploaded same day.  The receipt says PPL Reg Post x 1, stuck this registered number to the receipt and uploaded same, but the receipt does not record the number only has the sticker. it was lodged over the counter.

Been to the Post Office twice today as they said they can pull up the confirmation I had posted it.  Their records only say it was

DELIVERED!!  This is so frustrating, time wasting, and because it is the second time in just over a year, I didnt follow up the last one ,but decided not to let this one ride.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@kangaroochiwrote:

When you lodge items over the counter, ask for a lodgement reciept. This is different to a reciept for money paid and forces the counter staff to scan the item in at time of lodgement. It gives the date time and tracking number for each item lodged.

DELIVERED!! 

Again, asking for a lodgement reciept will prevent this from occuring in future.

This is so frustrating, time wasting, and because it is the second time in just over a year, I didnt follow up the last one ,but decided not to let this one ride.

Two defects for late posting in a year ? With the number of sales you are achieving that is nothing to worry about. You are allowed up to 5% of transactions with late deliver defects before you lose top rated seller status and 10% before your account is " managed ". 

You can never please all of the people all of the time. If we sell on ebay we need to accept that occasionally things go wrong, we make mistakes, buyers make mistakes and even ebay make mistakes ....Smiley Embarassed    ( hard to believe I know......Smiley Very Happy   ). If we sweat the small stuff like an occasional late postage defect or neutral / neg. feedback from a difficult buyer, it can become very stressful and make the business of selling on ebay much more unpleasant than it needs to be. Much better just to roll with the punches most of the time.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for your wisdom you are so right!
The reason I registered the item in the first place was because the buyer had given a number of negative feedbacks to quite a few sellers. I didn't want to take the chance that they would say they didn't receive it. Iam delighted to say eBay has seen the uploaded receipt with the sticker showing it was registered and although the number was not actually printed on the receipt, and coupled with the other items sent at the same time, they have removed the defect. I am very pleased with their assessment and sense of fairness on this occasion.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If you send something registered you should get a sticker with the tracking number on it as a matter of course. If I send a parcel with tracking the PO always gives me the sticker with the number and it's stuck on my receipt.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply