Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

I'm well aware of the VeRo program however, I am selling a sealed Doona set because I don't need it, Using my own photos, not theirs and it got taken down. I'm not price gouging it either, it was $12 cheaper than Ikea, I can't return it as its passed return period. Obviously this isn't my selling account. Any idea why this is the case now? My listing had been up for ages, wasn't in a rush to sell it knew it would sell eventually.

ikea.jpg

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

If your photo contains a Trademark, Logo etc, even though you took the photo, it still equates to a breach of trademark.  I know, it can get a little complicated.  But there is plenty of very basic information on property rights available, for both national and international rights.

A good place to start would be the ebay vero policy (peruse some of the info from participants), otherwise a bit of research into selling items covered by Trademark, copyright etc.  There is plenty of info out there, without having to pay for it.  

By the way, even a brand name can be covered by TM, in which case you can not legally use the brand name without permission, which normally comes at a  cost.

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

So how does one sell a motor vehicle and what would they call it if the brand is trademarked and if you show photos do you blur out the name.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

Your obviously not aware of the first sale doctrine, or exhaustion of trademark.  Something seams to be becoming more apparent.

How many new cars do you have for sale, and why do you think you would be able to sell them without the brand owners permission.

Even if you won a new car in a raffle, it is no longer classed as new and you can not sell it as such.

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

So you say you can sell a car but not a doona using the same selling method. What am I missing.

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

Also is that not a US term "the first sale doctrine".

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

So aren't ikea allowed to protect themselves from trying to sell fake products,

Sure yours may be real,  but as far as they know it may not be.

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

If you read the message you would know there was no issue with it being a fake. Plus who would fake an Ikea product.

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Plus who would fake an Ikea product.

China Faked a whole Ikea store.

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Thats funny. I wonder what the quality was like.

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Thats funny. I wonder what the quality was like.

But back to your point,  yes the message didnt mention a fake,  but the VeRo program cant mention fake,  as without an inspection of the product they cant say.  But use of their copyright is mentioned.  Simple really

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply