Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

I'm well aware of the VeRo program however, I am selling a sealed Doona set because I don't need it, Using my own photos, not theirs and it got taken down. I'm not price gouging it either, it was $12 cheaper than Ikea, I can't return it as its passed return period. Obviously this isn't my selling account. Any idea why this is the case now? My listing had been up for ages, wasn't in a rush to sell it knew it would sell eventually.

ikea.jpg

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

Something that seems to have been missed in the to and fro - did you list it as 'new'? If so, IKEA are the only ones who can sell new IKEA products.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

This is ebays description of new items. 

• New โ€“ A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging
  • New (other) โ€“ An item with no sign of wear and tear that is missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened and is no longer sealed

This is used

• Used โ€“ An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended
Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

Talk about a brick wall,  but at least you have finally agreed that property rights exist and are valid in  Australia.

And your opinion that you can list and sell whatever you like in Australia without any repercussions, is full of holes.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Also is that not a US term "the first sale doctrine".

No it is a term relevant to international trademark law.

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

• New โ€“ A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging
  • New (other) โ€“ An item with no sign of wear and tear that is missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened and is no longer sealed

This is used

• Used โ€“ An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended

Yes, and your point is.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

If you read the message you would know there was no issue with it being a fake. Plus who would fake an Ikea product.

The message also refers to the use of logo's, which is not permitted if an item is listed as  New.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

You do know using terms like that reflect on your inability to communicate in a way that would let others know you had little more than a basic education. 

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Are you sure everything I can see relates it to the US.

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@eol-products wrote:

This is used

Yes, and your point is.

And there are far more item descriptions in greater detail via the various categories

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

It was mentioned only Ikea can sell new items, so listing as new may be an issue. 

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply