Maybe the admins in Ebay can post memo to all sellers about putting a return address on all the mail

bishi3
Community Member

When a seller posts the item to the buyer, there are quite a few sellers who do not put on any sender details on the envelope /small package, maybe Ebay could send a message to all sellers or be in the T/C's, it can save alot of hassell  and return bussiness to the sellers as well, and some lessons to sellers how to address envelopes/ small packages properly, in this huge bussiness postage community there are some who cant do this properly

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Maybe the admins in Ebay can post memo to all sellers about putting a return address on all the mail

Paypal these days give a link to Google maps for the buyers' addresses. If they are semi valid. Caloundra, Brisbane with give the map for the address in Caloundra.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@bishi3 wrote:

When a seller posts the item to the buyer, there are quite a few sellers who do not put on any sender details on the envelope /small package, maybe Ebay could send a message to all sellers or be in the T/C's, it can save alot of hassell  and return bussiness to the sellers as well, and some lessons to sellers how to address envelopes/ small packages properly, in this huge bussiness postage community there are some who cant do this properly

Easy Fix,  if you want to return an item, use the ebay return process, if approved you will get a return address, and when completed the seller will get a credit for ebay fees.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

Perhaps some don't put a return address in case postage is underpaid (where stamps are used) and they don't want the subsequennt AP fine/bill.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Of far more concern is the fact that a lot of buyers either don't know their proper address or they can't be bothered entering it correctly. I've had buyers from Caloundra who put their address as Caloundra, Brisbane, and many other similar instances. Sellers who print postage labels are constantly having to correct these mistakes before the system will allow them to print the labels. That's only one small example of the sloppiness/inaccuracies in buyer addresses.

My pet peeve.

I estimate at least one quarter to one third of my buyers seem to think that their address must include the capital city of their state, or even the nearest big town. e.g. Mosman, Sydney; Byford, Perth; Charnwood, Canberra; Morphettville, Adelaide - and that's just in the last 9 sales.

Perhaps there is something in the way ebay has set up the address boxes? Been too long since mine was set up to know just what the problem is.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Just been looking at the envelopes and packaging for some recent purchases:

# Seller provided full details (name and address clearly printed)

# Seller provided only name and postcode

# Seller provided PO Box address but no name

# Seller provided no details

# Seller provided scrawl for name plus city and state

I'm beginning to wonder if sellers are paranoid or something. Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@zanadoo_56 wrote:

Just been looking at the envelopes and packaging for some recent purchases:

# Seller provided full details (name and address clearly printed)

# Seller provided only name and postcode

# Seller provided PO Box address but no name

# Seller provided no details

# Seller provided scrawl for name plus city and state

I'm beginning to wonder if sellers are paranoid or something. :smileysurprised:

Did you buy sonething from me Zanadoo ? coz I,m a PO box, no name kind of guy. I do this on purpose as I try to maintain my anonimity and privacy online.  Its not just ebay. I dont have any social media accounts and if you google my name, nothing much comes up at all. Just the way I like it.

And yes I am slightly paranoid about ebay. 99% of people are fine, but just like in real life, its the 1 % you have to worry about. There is the occasional real nutter on ebay as a search of past threads will show.

I remember one awhile ago where a young lady was selling some of her personal clothing. It was slightly revealing and attracted more attention than she anticipated from creepy guys who sent her unwanted lewd messages. There have also been a number of threads on buyers and sellers who turned into nasty stalkers, obtaining peoples private email addresses and phone numbers and sending numerous threatening messages.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I find it much the same.....and yes, some sellers are paranoid, as are some buyers.

The funniest thing I have ever seen was when a buyer came to the boards demanding to know why sellers did not have to put any details on parcels but buyers had to provide full name and address.  Doh!!

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Some people find writing by hand rather laborious so they stick to only what NEEDS to be on the envelope.

PO boxes don't need a name.
Some people don't need any more than a name and postcode (including me) because they have no street delivery in their area and have to pick up their mail at the PO. I've often thought about just putting my first initial, surname, and postcode, and perhaps the town.

I've only ever had one item returned (unsolicited too) so I don't really know why I bother so much with a return address.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

It's can also be an issue when they incorrectly state a city (instead of their suburb) as this will often cause an error when printing a shipping label through eBay, due to a mismatch between the city and postcode. I've often had to manually update the address to get eBay's label system to accept it.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply