More Changes? Almost Died of Shock (not clickbait*)

I will never be the same

I was just browsing the site (as you do) and clicked "add to cart" on a CD, and the item was added to my cart (not the shocking part), but it was done dynamically... Smiley Surprised (by which I mean, it didn't load up the cart page, it just had a pop-up window I could close and I got to stay on the item page, which is something I've wanted ever since the cart was introduced).

Is this new? If so, good job, eBay, it only took a few years to get a much-requested function implemented. If not... I'll just celebrate over in the corner on my own, cause I'm happy, if but behind the times. 

woo hoo

*I lied, or at least was a bit hyperbolic. Sorry if this post is anticlimactic. heh

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

I was fooled. I clicked. shame.gif

hooking.gif

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

hooking.gif

SmileyWinterIceFishing.gif       <<<<<<<<<<< Digi           true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
My message notifications have all been behaving normally, just to add another data point. I've had a couple of buyers and sellers message me (as well as system messages), and all have had a "notification thingy" in the expected place, as well being sent through to my email.

tazzie, I guess maybe it's eBay's way of enhancing my buying experience then.................sigh.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

That is great 🙂

Also great... people are still buying CDs on here? Can I ask if you were buying a CD that's 'out of print' - one that you don't find in the shops anymore?

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

tazzie, here's the interesting part of the notification problem I'm having, I have a message from a seller that's showing on my purchase history but not on my "new improved" my ebay page (not on either Firefox or Chrome)  :-

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

@kitschkoven wrote:

Also great... people are still buying CDs on here? Can I ask if you were buying a CD that's 'out of print' - one that you don't find in the shops anymore?

I'm not sure if the CD I bought is out of print (Divenire by Ludovico Einaudi), but it's not stocked by JB Hi Fi, which is pretty much my only access to CDs outside of shopping online. I prefer CDs in most cases, but since I usually just rip the CD to my computer anyway, I would have actually just downloaded this if it was possible, but I couldn't find a good source (it might be on iTunes, but I won't purchase music through them. Plus CDs on eBay are often the same price if not cheaper than downloads for standard releases, and I value CDs more).

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

Firstly Digi sorry for kind of highjacking your thread  bow-down-before-you.gif but here's something else I've noticed with my notifications :-

From purchase history - 

Capture.PNG

And from the "new" watch-list page -

Capture.PNG

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

eBay, you Tinkerbell...

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

eBay, you Tinkerbell...

Ah countess, but I get a nice warm cosy feeling when I think about all the liquid paper I'll save (and not have to recycle) on the lappy screen when I block out the bell and the cart............original.gif

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

I wonder if cookies could be causing the issues somehow? Could you try opening a different web browser, clearing all history/cache etc, logging in to eBay and checking those two pages again to see if the problem still persists?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 20 of 37
Latest reply