More Changes? Almost Died of Shock (not clickbait*)

I will never be the same

I was just browsing the site (as you do) and clicked "add to cart" on a CD, and the item was added to my cart (not the shocking part), but it was done dynamically... Smiley Surprised (by which I mean, it didn't load up the cart page, it just had a pop-up window I could close and I got to stay on the item page, which is something I've wanted ever since the cart was introduced).

Is this new? If so, good job, eBay, it only took a few years to get a much-requested function implemented. If not... I'll just celebrate over in the corner on my own, cause I'm happy, if but behind the times. 

woo hoo

*I lied, or at least was a bit hyperbolic. Sorry if this post is anticlimactic. heh

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was fooled. I clicked. shame.gif

hooking.gif

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Worked for me as well Digi - but the worrying bit is..........................

What did they break to fix this ? 

Applies tin-foil hat in a demonstrative fashion and with feeling.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

What did they break to fix this ? 

Shhhhhh, I'm enjoying the brief moment of satisfaction - they are so few and far between. Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

I also noticed (when checking out said CD), that the actual conversion / debit amount was displayed on eBay before paying (not sure if that is new, either, but I've never seen it before), and that my 'saved for later' section in the cart is now basically an image gallery rather than a long list. 

One other thing that happened by pure fluke the other day - I added an item to my cart, clicked to pay now, logged into PayPal, got to the confirm and pay screen, clicked to do so, and my payment was blocked because at that very moment, the seller had made a change to the listing. I've had items in my cart flagged for listing changes before, but never had the checkout process thwarted because of it, . Nice to know you can't confirm a purchase (in the cart) if the seller updates the listing. 

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Digi, maybe just maybe they've employed some IT folks that actually know their stuff (and have taken note of members complaints), and got rid of some of the deadheads wood there.

We can live in hope.............

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

As of last night when I added items to my Cart it took me over to the Cart and I had to go back to my search but I have had the Saved for Later items in the picture gallery form for several weeks now.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

One thing I have noticed over the last few days or so is that I'm not getting the notification some of the time of new messages from members on "my eBay" page - I'm still getting emails of the messages to my personal email addy though.

Good job I haven't got eBay's messages blocked to my own email.

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

That is not something I have noticed Padi....but I have not been messaging any sellers lately.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

I thought maybe it was something in my settings, but I couldn't find anything there. But there's been 4 or 5 out of the last half dozen that haven't had the notification thingy. (where my "arrow's" pointing lol)

Capture.PNG

Spoiler
On the bright side of things my 2 Shelducks are male and female.................yay, hope they hang around and have ducklings.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

My message notifications have all been behaving normally, just to add another data point. I've had a couple of buyers and sellers message me (as well as system messages), and all have had a "notification thingy" in the expected place, as well being sent through to my email.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Digi, maybe just maybe they've employed some IT folks that actually know their stuff...

Or it could simply be a case of a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters keyboards... Smiley Very Happy

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 37
Latest reply