My First Negative ?

Buyer not happy with purchase, buyer demanded that I send another one and pay for all costs involved.I offered money back if not happy with purchase,buyer said her child played with it and wheel fell off, I mentioned that the item was checked and in good condition.Buyer left nasty feedback and then a message for me to send my address so item can be returned and payment sent back  to buyer.As a seller I really don't know what to do about this feedback that was obviously aimed at stopping other buyers from purchasing the items from me.I think sellers should be able to leave a negative don't you? Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: My First Negative ?

Iza, that's the whole reason they usually put toys in certain age brackets.. It's not a choking risk if given to a child that is old enough to know not to put random pieces of plastic in their mouths. 

The toy was $2.50 which is really cheap, cheaply made toys do fall apart

Regardless of who is in the wrong here, the buyer could have at least contacted the seller before leaving the neg so that the seller could have done something to avoid the neg feedback.. What hope is there now? the buyer is already annoyed and the neg reflects that, so even if the seller did give the buyer a refund they're not likely to revise the feedback if they were so quick to leave a neg in the first place

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

Hi to all,

Refund without returning?

And without pictures Op wouldn't even know if the buyer is telling the truth or just being cheesed of for "overpaying"( in her eyes) and invented the reason to justify the neg.

I have to return even a rotten avocado to Coles (more trouble than it's worth) as they will not give me a refund without it. And that involves getting into the car and driving, looking for the park, wasting time - easier to chuck out, after all it was only 3 bucks!

Also, it depends on the child, child/s age as well as temperament how long a toy should last.

I watched over Easter 1 kid, 3y.o. doing his damnest to destroy a brand new plastic truck - and when unsuccsessfull he smashed it against the wall with a reasonable force to gauge the wall and smash the truck! His parent told me all his toys are in pieces as he enjoys "taking them apart"

None of those circumstances would be seller's fault or negligence in any way - and hey, this being Ebay it's much easier to neg them! You don't even have to leave the house for that!

So sorry OP this has happened to you - I'm sure it was in one piece when posted.

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

super glue sounds good to me(just joking) My main concern was that the buyer left nasty negative without having the patience to work things out with me.I was negotiating with the buyer and was happy to offer refund for item regardless of how the items wheel came off after delivery. I understand that when we go to a shop and purchase an item and we are not happy for any reason, we take the item  back to the shop and receive a refund. The shop wont give the refund until the item is returned broken or in good condition, the shop them can bin it or send it back to supplier for a refund(My experience as a buyer on eBay ,I had purchased over $200 worth of items. I waited for 10 days and waited,wondering where my items were.The buyer had sent me an email to say the parcel was returned to him opened without the items inside.He checked with the post office and it had been their fault and he sent another lot to me with apologies and kept apologizing for what happened.I know this doesn't seem to have much to do with this thread but the outcome is PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING. There is an answer to everything. I don't think the buyer will take the neg feedback away so I will just ride the waves.

Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

Thanks jameshouseofstyle

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply