NOW HOWS EVERYONE DOING IN CHRISTMAS SALES??

SHOULD be prime Christmas sale time right now BUT im down 60 % on sales from same period last year..... How are you all going now that we should be in the middle of Christmas mayhem??

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

So sorry stylesilver that your sales are way down and others that are experiencing the same,my sales are going steady and as long as I'm making a profit beit a dollar or more I'm ok with it.

The good thing about my sales is that I've forgotten what my collectibles cost me way back when I acquired them so if I sell anything then that's a bonus lol.

Message 2 of 46
Latest reply

Well.................. I've got a bid lol

That is an improvement on most weeks 

Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

Weโ€™ve done a lot better on another platform - maintained margins too which is even nicer ๐Ÿ˜Š

One day, perhaps, someone at eBay will switch the lights on and SEE!!

Melina.

Message 4 of 46
Latest reply

Fine thanks. Volume is marginally down, but margins are up.

I suppose I have the things people are looking for.

Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

Ha Haa Ha ... I had what people were wanting too, until 5 weeks ago ... when my good sales just stopped. Right before my usual best sales period of the year by far ( for the past say 10 yrs, December has always been up about 300% on other months & Im usually flat out).. cant understand such a drop off EXCEPT to blame the start of Promoted listings (everyone else is laming it)... Anywhoo about to test out Promoted sales tonite... puuting some things into the promotion... Will be back Everyone!!!  to see if it lifts things. 

Message 6 of 46
Latest reply

Happy for you Crow! And thanks for the sympathetic ear feeling the need for it. at the moment..On the other hand,  thinking it would be funny if it wasnt soo maddening. A drop off in sales BEFORE Christmas Smiley LOL... who have thunk it? Glad to hear others are doing well (gives you hope that this lull might not be permanent.) Any way Im off to the grindstone... listing new items & trying out the promotion listing thingy.

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

Oh no ... has it been that bad for you too?  just recently? There is something strange happening to some of our accounts for sure. Hope you get a big improvement soon... so strange

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

Thats good for you (been following yr story about whats happening & big thumbs up)... but I aint going anywhere else... Ive made my bed here... Im gonna lie in it !!! (Which is about right too, cos no real need to get out of it atm Haa Haaaa.)

Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

I was just having a quiet wee think, which always hurts .... lol, but there would literally be thousands of others, just like us, who list on one or more other platforms because things arenโ€™t kosher here. Just in December so far weโ€™ve turned $2,400 elsewhere. Hehe!! Look , youโ€™ll find us. And, itโ€™s far from over yet. Weโ€™ve turned next to nothing here, but that is not reason in itself that we have a couple of other venues. It just seems quie t here at the moment. Itโ€™s not always that way for us.

So, thatโ€™s money theyโ€™ll never earn commission on. Then, add. In the many thousands of others.

Consider too, we were about to open a store here (still might, but depends), but now weโ€™ve gone Luke warm, because of some really โ€˜silly policyโ€™ and rules that unfairly really put us out on a limb. Iโ€™m not sure at our age we want to deal with the inevitability of the stress that will ensue, for certain. You canโ€™t be lucky all the time!

So eBay misses out there too, and how many thousands of others have gone luke warm and then cold on the idea and not proceeded?

Honestly, weโ€™d like to lock down here, just  at the one venue, and I can only assume many thousands again, of others , would like to do the same. But, thereโ€™s something stopping us all, isnโ€™t there! How ironic that itโ€™s eBay itself!!

Theyโ€™ve introduced all manner of rediculous, objectionable and โ€˜road blockingโ€™ policy and rules to protect their (sic) mighty dollar and opportunistic buyers at the dire expense of good sellers but still, after all this time, donโ€™t understand that theyโ€™ve well and truly overcooked the golden goose. Parts of it escaped when the temperature rose from โ€˜sillyโ€™ to โ€˜super sillyโ€™ and flew off with scorched nether bits to repair and roost elsewhere completely, before the temperature rise to โ€˜dumb and dumber.โ€™ Add these to the thousands and the thousands and the thousands. Now weโ€™re talking millions arenโ€™t we? Or, am I dreamin again? Boneydoon does look attractive though ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Oh eBay!! All those dollars. Youโ€™ve saved one and lost one thousand, you silly silly thing!!

If eBay happens to ask any of you (like DUH!!)  just tell them weโ€™re doing nicely thanks, elsewhere. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Melina.

Message 10 of 46
Latest reply