Not sure what to do next

On another ID, a buyer purchased a BNWT jacket a couple of weeks ago, and left glowing feedback after receiving it. A few days later on 19/4 I received a formal ebay return request, on the basis the jacket was 'defective' because there were loose threads and a button came off. Among my choices were to accept the return or to give a full or partial refund (and the buyer keeps the jacket). I opted to accept the return and the same day sent the buyer a pre-addressed PO satchel for return of the jacket. The buyer lives about 40km away from me in the same city, so probably should have received the satchel by now.

I haven't heard anything since, nor received the jacket.

I emailed the buyer 3 days ago asking if she had received the satchel, and got no reply. Yesterday I requested her phone details (via advanced search) and when I tried the number, was informed it was disconnected. I googled the white pages, but there was no entry under the rather unusual surname at the address to which I had sent the jacket.

I have now received at least two emails from ebay stating "The buyer is still waiting to hear from you about their return request" and to respond by 24/4, otherwise "the buyer could ask us to step in and help by opening a case – this can affect your seller level". As far as I am concerned, the ball is back in the buyer's court, and I can't do anything more until I either get the jacket back (and you can be sure it will be missing all its tags, so I won't be able to resell it as BNWT), or I hear further from the buyer. Is there anything further I can do? 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Not sure what to do next

Stupidly, I didn't record the tracking number of the satchel I posted to the buyer. As she had been so prompt replying to my message about me sending her a satchel for the return, I never imagined I would need to keep that record.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

As I understand is that OP has gone through the proper channels as it is stated in their OP.

A formal request through ebay has been processed and OP is waiting for the reply.

But OP needs to wait and not send emails to the buyer or try and get their phone number,just be patient and don't ask ebay to step in.

I am happy to wait, except receiving these rather threatening emails from ebay, I am inclined to want to get things moving. The initial return request was supposed to be completed 2 days ago, but ebay are acting as though I haven't done anything?.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Not sure about the pre-addressed, pre-paid satchel  (I am reading that as being addressed by hand but I could be reading wrong)

I was under the impression it was suppose be an ebay generated return label?

(or was that label stuck on the satchel in question here) ?

I have no idea how to generate an ebay return label - I do not not use ebay satchels. I sent an AP prepaid red satchel (the same way I originally posted the jacket), that I addressed to myself for the return of the jacket.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I'm thinking that the label was stuck onto the satchel,but hopefully OP comes back to clear things up for us.

As already explained, I didn't use an ebay label on the satchel. I hand addressed an AP red satchel, folded it and put it in an envelope and posted it to the buyer..

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Sorry but only just realised I used a different ID in my replies to the one I started this thread with.

I will contact CS to discuss the issue further.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I'm sooo pleased we're not selling clothes. A loose thread on a button, really? But, I guess it's enough!

Although, there could possibly be a bit more to this.  I Really empathise with some sellers.

Melina.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply