Refund

My Buyer recieved a damaged by Post  Item.

I have asked them to return it and I will refund.

Sent him postage to do so.

So do I send refund back to Ebay so they can refund him with the fees charged.

Not sure what to do as its not going through Ebay.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Refund

If you don,t  follow the official ebay return policy, then you are responsible for the total cost and ebays fees will not be refunded.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If he goes through Ebay the seller gets a strike  dont they.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

you'll have to refund buyer via their bank a/c or PayPal, then.....nothing to do with eBay, as you've gone outside the guidelines

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Sellers gets a strike if a refund goes through Ebay

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

When the item is returned just do a refund via eBay. Just don't refund before it is returned and also

there will be no issues with your account for processing the refund via eBay. 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@jjba6541 wrote:

Sellers gets a strike if a refund goes through Ebay

No,  Not if it was outside their control, and they resolve the matter in the set timeframe.

Given the item was sent and damaged in transit, the seller would have been able to refund via ebay, ebay would have repaid their fees as a part contribution to the refund, and the seller would not receive any  ebay defect or sanction, as long as all completed on time.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

You ca send a refund after item is returned,Shouldnt have any points removed for you,Refunding is easy

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Just to point out - In Australia Post's terms of service, it states quite clearly that damage caused by them is supposed to be claimed by the receiver (rather than the sender ), whilst loss or non delivery is supposed to be claimed by the sender.

I think eBay MBG saves Aust Post a lot of money over transit damage responsibility but costs sellers, for something not caused by them, to be out of pocket in the same process

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes they can still refund through Ebay,No Problem.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply