Sendle not asking for signature even when selected, resulting issues with item not received.

We use Ebay to print all labels. When we select Sendle, signature on delivery is automatically selected. When selecting Aust Post, we have to tick a box to add signature, which costs $2.95, which we always do. I just received a payment dispute for item not received. A quick check through message history shows the buyer definitely did receive it as he sent us 9 messages over 5 days saying he just started the PC for the first time, asking various things about configuration it etc, proving he received it. However, on the tracking it show delivered 'left in a safe place', even though it should not have been left. Ebay are of course asking for proof of signature which does not exist.

Is Ebay likely to side with the buyer because of no signature, even though the messages prove he received it? To me this seems absolutely absurd if so.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sendle not asking for signature even when selected, resulting issues with item not received.

So I received a reply from Ebay this morning. They completely ignore the fact that the buyer has sent several messages acknowledging they received the order. I got the usual "please respond to the request in due time..." rhetoric. 
I replied immediately pointing out that this is a clear case of fraud and should be treated as such. Regardless of what happens with the chargeback, I should be covered under seller protection.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Sendle not asking for signature even when selected, resulting issues with item not received.

Update: I received a reply almost immediately from Ebay which was pretty much a copy and past of the previous message and completely ignored the fact the buyer had confirmed delivery.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

The problem with messages, is that it can be very difficult to prove who sent them.  I would be getting whatever proof of delivery you can, from sendle and forwarding to ebay.

Evidence of successful delivery
Tracking information from a carrier that shows all of the following:

• A delivery status of "delivered" (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
  • The date of delivery;
  • The recipient's address that matches the one found on the Order details page, including the city/suburb or postcode (or international equivalent); and
  • For orders with a total cost (including postage and any applicable taxes) of $750 or more, proof that signature confirmation was purchased (uploaded as an image when challenging the dispute). Learn more about our signature confirmation requirements
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

If it was me (and thank god, it’s not *phew*) in the dispute box I’d be writing something like:

Message received from (buyers name) on (date) at (time) confirming receipt of item number: (your sale that’s in dispute) asking blah blah blah (very short description) 

and then do this for every message from that buyer.

If these email times are dated after receipt of the said purchase, then surely that could be proof enough. (Blind Freddy would agree, I’m sure) 

Good luck with it all. 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Yes that is exactly what I'm going to do. All the messages from him are after the delivery time and I will put the times/dates on there. I have asked Sendle for proof of delivery and they have sent it to me including a photo which shows both package and also the guy (not his face but he is right there clearly accepting the package). Surely this will be enough. If Ebay don't cover me with Seller Protection here I will almost certainly quit Ebay.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@shoaltech wrote:

If Ebay don't cover me with Seller Protection here I will almost certainly quit Ebay.

Since the problem is with Sendle's processes surely it would be easier to stop using them instead of closing down your eBay account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Hang, confusion is setting in for me.  Not unusual,  but it happens when the story changes.

Initially you said tracking showed as left in safe place.  Now you are saying that you have a picture of the guy or at least someone taking delivery.  It cant be both,  a picture of someone taking delivery is as good as a signature,, in fact even better (and would be marked as delivered),  whereas  as anyone could sign it, even the delivery person.

Ok,  help with my confusion please.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I frequently get parcels handed directly to me and when the delivery notification comes through it states " left in a safe place" and am rarely required to sign when signature is required.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply