What does postage time have anything to do with the seller?

Aust Post are late in their delivery of the items, as the result seller got low rating on their DSR.

So what is the logic in this?

I sent items as soon as I could which is usually within 12 hours from the time the payments arrived, yet in the DSR, I have a few 1 and 2 star on postage time.

Are we the seller being punished for the lapse done by others?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Pretty much.
The ratings system is unnecessary and punishes good sellers. It only takes a few idiots to leave 1 star scores - the sort of people that 2hrs after paying for an item send you a message asking where is my item?
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

You mean you don't send some handsome hunk in a jet to hand deliver the parcel on a silver tray an hour after they pay? Of course you won't get 5 stars!

Having said that most of my parcels appear to have been getting to the buyers in record time and my postage time star is sitting at 5.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Yes. If ebay were to change the wording to lodgement time. The practice of marking us down for delivery might cease.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Postage time is what it's called on a FB profile, but when a buyer goes to leave the DSR, all it says is "How quickly did the seller post the item?" - not a lot of room for misunderstanding what it's for, IMO, but I also know that some buyers will give low ratings if an item took a while to get to them regardless of when it was posted.

In a perfect world, eBay would grant the opportunity for an auto-5 if a tracking showed lodgement was within a certain time-frame, but a couple of years back when they mentioned an auto-5 was possible, they were basing it on the buyer receiving their item and leaving FB for it within a certain amount of time. 

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Not a lot of room for misunderstanding? are you sure. Take a look at my feedback every single buyer seems to have misunderstood what they are marking me on. Although I have 5 stars for most it still remains wrong that they mark me on the speed on delivery.
Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

"How quickly did the seller post the item?"

No, not a lot of room for misunderstanding. There's always plenty of room for ignorance, though. 

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

I found a heap of You Tube videos last night about this kind of thing, they're sort of interesting if the grass has finished growing and the paint has dried.

Lots of cases where people have sued eBay for unfair feedback, and one successful class action for incorrect fee charges.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ah, but do you mark it as posted?

I get really annoyed at sellers who leave that little icon grey.

That's when I give low stars for postage and communication

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Agreed - sellers should attend to that aspect of the sale, as it signals the postage of the item.

However, another very simple way that buyers can ascertain when an item has actually been posted is to look at the postmark on their parcel when it arrives. Should be very straightforward. The date of lodgement is printed very clearly there.

If ebay are so concerned that FB gives as accurate a picture as possible of the seller's service then they should have long ago attended to this problem.

Nobody disputes the at best erratic service Auspost provides. Its absolutely misleading to prospective buyers if a seller has a undeserved low DSR for postage when the inefficiency of Auspost is responsible.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply