What does postage time have anything to do with the seller?

Aust Post are late in their delivery of the items, as the result seller got low rating on their DSR.

So what is the logic in this?

I sent items as soon as I could which is usually within 12 hours from the time the payments arrived, yet in the DSR, I have a few 1 and 2 star on postage time.

Are we the seller being punished for the lapse done by others?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Every seller who has received a low mark for postage time when they are posting within their stated time frame, should complain to eBay directly.

The more who do, the more chance it will be changed.

If sellers do not make an official complaint (with a reasoned argument) it will stay exactly the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

However, another very simple way that buyers can ascertain when an item has actually been posted is to look at the postmark on their parcel when it arrives. Should be very straightforward. The date of lodgement is printed very clearly there.

Nope, sorry.   I get mostly envelopes.   Most times the stamp is not cancelled.

Bang goes that theory

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

Most times the stamp is not cancelled.

Don't get what you mean there.

Whether its a parcel or an envelope, it should be possible to see the franking stamp with the postage date on it.

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

Whether its a parcel or an envelope, it should be possible to see the franking stamp with the postage date on it.

Lots of parcel don't show the lodgement date. eg Parcels sent through the eparcel system or sellers who have contracts with AP will usually not have a date stamp showing on the parcel.

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

Spoiler

I've written a complaint and also spoken to eBay about this subject as I post from Perth, unless its by express can take over 6 days to get to anywhere and to my surprise I've had three low "postage & handling" charges deleted by eBay, 2 last year and 1 this year to protect my seller rateing. I know have a statement in the summary to all my listings so hopefully the buyers will get the message.

BUYERS PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND WHEN LEAVING 'POSTAGE TIME' STARRATINGS FOR SELLERS - YOU'RE RATING HOW QUICKLY I POSTED YOUR ITEMNOT HOW QUICKLY (OR SLOWLY) AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERED IT.

So ebay does look at unfair ratings as I didn't bring the three I had to their attention and they did take them off.

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

Most times the stamp is not cancelled.

Don't get what you mean there.

Again, nope.

Envelope has a stamp.  A 60c stamp.  Not a franked item.

A lick it and stick it stamp.

And most times, no cancellation stamp.

In other words, if I could be bothered, I could re-use the stamp.

Cos it's not been cancelled by the P.O.

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

" So ebay does look at unfair ratings as I didn't bring the three I had to their attention and they did take them off."

great, so it can be done 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

Well, not in my experience !

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

nor mine

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

Seriously?

I get it a lot.   I am talking letters here, not parcels

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply