Why are Final value fees so High

Why are Final value fees so High?

Once E Bay final fees apply and the paypal fee as well we are looking at around 13%... then the shipping cost have to be met.

I know a fee should apply but this makes selling low priced items not really worth the effort.

Yes I understand Profit Viability of a product.... But with the turn over E Bay makes... I believe the 9.9% on both item and shipping as well, is a bit rich... especially for those of us non business sellers.

"Crickey Mate" suggests finding another Platform and I have found more than one... I can still use Paypal and it will give me all the protections I require; and my overhead becomes much less. Very soon I will stop selling on Ebay that is of course unless things change.

If anyone agrees with my point of view I suggest they vote for change with their feet as I will be doing.

Good Luck everyone

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Why are Final value fees so High

altissimo12
Community Member

Agree the eBay fees are just ridiculous especially to that they add the postage fee into the sale item costs and take a huge chunk of the sale. Postage should not be included as this is a cost to the seller. We have to pay for wrap, tape, fuel, packing costs etc. it’s just pure greed what they are doing especially when your just selling a 2nd hand item and where do the costs go honestly. It’s like the my double dip into the sellers pockets.

Message 71 of 72
Latest reply

Re: Why are Final value fees so High

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 72 of 72
Latest reply