australia post are not scanning items

i have used click & send since it first started & paid the extra $11.00 for courier collection from ny home - the australia post contractors would scan each item the take it in the van that was great buyers could see it had been posted - now Australia post lowered their collection fee to $5.50 and Australia post workers collect the items put them straight in the van  - no scanning or tracking -  i have just done some tracking on items that my buyers have said arrived - Yes according to Australia post they are still in transit  or have not even been collected, this is not good, some items were express & others were signature on delivery - i am now looking at doing courier pick up through smart send - at least they scan the item on pick up - that is all paypal require for proof of lodgement with tracking - sorry australia post you may loose me.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

rjm6572
Community Member

i use click & send and take my parcels to the p.o, hand them over the counter . and they get scanned and i have never had any problems, they get tracked to the desination

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

I am an Australia Post Contractor,And if we dont scan it,then we do not get paid for delivering it.

So why would we not scan the items ?

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Have you had formal advice from Australia Post or the Click and Send team in regards to them no longer scanning the parcels on collection ?

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Ummm....

If it's showing as in transit, it means it has been scanned at some point. If it wasn't scanned it would only show as manifested.

So the driver might not be scanning on delivery, but that is not your point, is it?

You have Paypal seller protection if you can prove postage. Which ANY scan event on a C&S parcel will give you. Good luck with the couriers. I assume you have factored the negatives you will receive when the buyer isn't home at delivery time and has to travel to the depot to pick up into your business model.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

I thought the reason why click n send was introduced was to avoid the need to find an open post office and queue? I've been using CnS since the start and used to place all my satchels in any outside Post box, however, its only been in the last 3 months that buyers have been querying postage status thus I now go into the post office to lodge so that the postage date is tracked.

I made a query a few weeks ago to Australia Post depot at the airport and they informed me that they can't afford the scanning equipment to do the tracking BUT they have a staff member that weighs each item, they then get another staff member to check again if its overweight & flag the parcel into their system which then sends out a bill.

Surely if they can weigh they can scan..............PATHETIC

CALM BLUE OCEAN.............CALM BLUE OCEAN

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

C&S gives seller protection as long as there is a scan at some point in the journey. Most of us find that getting a lodgement scan gives us that scan point.

I walked into my (non-preferred) major Ap shop today. Thye queue was almosat out the door. Took 10 minutes to get served.

I suppose it boils down to whether or not you feel your time is worth more than the cost of getting a neg because you can't prove postage.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

I do not use click and send but the Australia Post scanning system is not being done [properly at all in Adelaide. I still have three parcels that are showing as in transit in the system. Australia Post can not find them and Paypal have refunded all three in total to the buyers. They were all sent in MAY and I have lost 1.000 dollars of stock, had my selling priviledges removed and three customers have received items for free.

Australia post offered me $34.00 compensation for the lost parcels (refund of postage cost only)

One of the customers is an employee of Australia Post and the fraud squad in Adelaide are investigating.

For others wanting to protect yourselves you need to

1 Lodge all items at the post office

2 obtain the tracking number

3 put a do not safe drop sticker on every item

4 if the item is worth the value get the buyer to pay for registered post

5 add a bit extra to every sale to cover for the inevitable loss as paypal is not a safe effective system

And recently I posted an item to a place forty kilometres away.

It took 9 days for the tracking to show that the item was no longer in transit as it was sitting in the post office after being carded as everyone was too lazy to scan it and had to wait till the customer finally collected it and then it was finally scanned.

I now demand a proof of lodgement docket for EVERY item I lodge at the post office as scanning is not complete or safe enough and paypal will pay on everything.

Not lying just telling you my experiences.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Hi that is correct -

Australia post contractors scanned the items before placing them in the van  - then australia post changed courier collection and The red Australia post van & worker collect the items they just get put in the van - no scanning - when i querry them they say i have not been suppied a scanner, I would preferr to pay the extra $$ and have the item collected by contractors.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Hi yes i was on the phone most of the day - apparently the item does not have to get scanned until it reachers the buyers sorting centre -  where is the tracking then???? why when australia post collect my items ( we are talking about 20 different items in one pick up) and they all get taken to my sorting centre in sydney - some get scanned others don't. One of the responses from Australia post was - can't really help you if the item was not scanned in- (  postage is paid for on line,with a pick up fee). can you imagine what it would be like for the local post office worker having to scan in 20 items when the que is out the door - customers would not be happy - that is why click & send was formed. 

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply