australia post are not scanning items

i have used click & send since it first started & paid the extra $11.00 for courier collection from ny home - the australia post contractors would scan each item the take it in the van that was great buyers could see it had been posted - now Australia post lowered their collection fee to $5.50 and Australia post workers collect the items put them straight in the van  - no scanning or tracking -  i have just done some tracking on items that my buyers have said arrived - Yes according to Australia post they are still in transit  or have not even been collected, this is not good, some items were express & others were signature on delivery - i am now looking at doing courier pick up through smart send - at least they scan the item on pick up - that is all paypal require for proof of lodgement with tracking - sorry australia post you may loose me.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

happyfeetoz wrote: I wonder if the PO can use Xray machines to tell what contents of the post pack are?

No, only Australian Customs can x-ray parcels coming into the country.

There is no facility for x-raying internal mail.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

@panoramic7 wrote:

Question for darylsmith1967

Do contractors get paid the same if they card someone (when they are not home for delivery), vs if you actually deliverer a parcel?

Things have changed since this thread was started over 2 years ago.  NOW Australia Post contractors are paid to deliver a parcel....$1.35 per parcel.

If it cannot be delivered it is carded and left at the local PO at the end of the day.  They are paid $1.35 for all the parcels left at the PO at the end of the day, whether it is one parcel or 20 parcels.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

I'm having a few problem also! Since early march $150 in postage and items lost.
What is going on?
I send s lot of small items so the post office doesn't have the time for each one to get scanned there and then!!
That's not good enough!
This is our business. Losing customers and stock is not really an option. 😞
Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@ittybaby wrote:
I'm having a few problem also! Since early march $150 in postage and items lost.
What is going on?
I send s lot of small items so the post office doesn't have the time for each one to get scanned there and then!!
That's not good enough!
This is our business. Losing customers and stock is not really an option. 😞

You'd be better off starting a new thread rather than resurrecting a zombie like this.

My PO scans absolutely everything i put across the counter that is scannable.

If you are using an LPO stop - use a regular PO (Business Centre or Post Shop).

LPO's are licenced PO's (franchises) and they can be a bit slack at times.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Hi,

I have one question if you can please help me. I have someone sent a parcel from AusPost Office as an Express post but seems like the person at counter scanned it incorrectly which is why it says delivered straight when the sender posted it. However, the item was just received by the sender post office and it was a first scan. Should I be worried? Will my item arrive as I am not able to track it as it already says delivered. When I tried to contact AusPost customer service as well as Sender post office they said that the tracking status will get updated. However, its been 2 days but thee tracking status hasn't been updated. Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@viralshah007 wrote:

Hi,

I have one question if you can please help me. I have someone sent a parcel from AusPost Office as an Express post but seems like the person at counter scanned it incorrectly which is why it says delivered straight when the sender posted it. However, the item was just received by the sender post office and it was a first scan. Should I be worried? Will my item arrive as I am not able to track it as it already says delivered. When I tried to contact AusPost customer service as well as Sender post office they said that the tracking status will get updated. However, its been 2 days but thee tracking status hasn't been updated. Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

The person you are replying to wrote that reply 9 years ago. They haven't posted a message for 8 years. Highly unlikely they will see your message. You are better of starting a new message outlining your issue, rather than drag up dead threads. A heck of a lot can change in 9 years.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I have found it does but you may need to use your tracking number on the Australia Post website not the one on ebay which is not updated regularly.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply