buyer said could not get funds and now has puuled out

interior-1
Community Member

I had car on classified ad with best offer and buyer put offer in and i accepted he has now said sorry but he cant get finance and wont be buying.

i want to re list car today again but when I went to report it as a non payment problem so I can get my fees back it states I need to wait till the 11th to give buyer time to pay, buyer has said he not paying so can I re list car now and still put case in on the 11th Feb?

I dont want to waste 3 days of not re advertising.

your help is appreciated  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: buyer said could not get funds and now has puuled out

It's an advertisement so the buyer isn't obliged to pay and can't be reported. Ebay's policies only apply to standard and buy it now auctions. You should be able to re-advertise it anytime.

Tramps like us,
Baby we were born to run....

Bruce Springsteen
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

but when I went to open a case & report it will let me and has a box which I can tick from the 11th see below *re what it states when I go to report.

I had a heap of watchers and the ad cost me $19.99 and now to re list Im going to be charged another $19.99.

*I sold an item and haven't received my payment yet.

warning

Sorry! You cannot open this case before 11-Feb-13 21:13 AEDST. You can only open the case 4 days from the end of this listing. During this time, please communicate with the buyer to try to resolve the problem.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You might be right - I've never placed a Classified Ad on ebay. It is much cheaper to list an auction for things in general but the listing fee and final value fee for a car can be expensive. If you definitely can open a non paying bidder dispute then do so and close it when it's time to. Credit is given for a listing fee if the item is sold on the second attempt when it's auctioned. I don't know if that applies to a Classified Ad.

Tramps like us,

Bruce Springsteen
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The dispute you want to open should only apply to an auction. Ebay might not let you do it but good luck.

Tramps like us,

Bruce Springsteen
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

yes fingers X as im out of pocket $40 now and it had ages left to run as well as 20 watchers,

how very annoying Grrr

who bids or makes an offer without having there finances in place first for a car!!!

Crazy time waster X-(

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

He may have lied to you. Buyers say all sorts of rubbish such as their cat bid on an item. It's frustrating but I think you may be limited as to what action you can take because it's an ad.

Tramps like us,

Bruce Springsteen
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

"It's frustrating but I think you may be limited as to what action you can take because it's an ad"

Classified Ads are different to Classified Ads with Best Offer.

In Classified Ads with Best offer , the seller accepts the offer through eBay and it's treated like a normal transaction.  Feedback can be left, Unpaid Item Cases / Cancel  Transaction cases can be opened etc.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

interior-1
Community Member

yes it was a classified ad with best offer so hopefully I will get a insertion fee back, Ive re listed the car now as I dont want to wait till the 11th Feb but I should be ok as I followed the ebay instructions as to how to re list if buyer did pull out of sale so just need to wait and see.

Ive blocked the buyer now & I think if i accept any more offers I make sure they come to view first and have a little chat first before I accept anything, if someone is serious to spend that sort of $$$ I think they will agree to turn up to my place 1st and do a deal then complete it on ebay.

cheers all ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I know nothing about classifieds, but if you can open a NP case, could you send a mutual cancellation request instead?? If so, contact the buyer who walked away to ask first if they would accept it to release you both from the sale. You get FVF back, and no need to wait to relist.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply