eBay return policy for sellers

We have been selling on eBay for almost 14 years but one thing is more concern for us is eBay unfair return policy especially for Buyer simply change of mind return. Our main concern is we sell high value smart devices (laptop, computers phones). We have seen that buyer take advantage of this return policy. Also noticed that when returning item they try to manipulate return.

My question has anyone faced issue where buyer return item for change of mind.

Return label was issued by eBay to buyer but both item was not return to Us and was lost in transit.

So in this case who is responsible?

I guess eBay is liable because the return label was issued by eBay. In eBay return policy none of place has mentioned what if item was return to seller and was lost in transit who is responsible. As per law we know its eBay but their policy are not clear. We have been warning eBay support several time about this policy has loophole and if not fixed or taken right action Seller will have to suffer for fund being hold for longer time. Right now almost $7500 AUD is blocked by eBay for further investigation.

Has anyone being in similar situation if yes what are steps has been taken to rectify this issue.

This has become very concern issue and also we are planning to take necessary step if we as seller not protected. 

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: eBay return policy for sellers

@iitsupport wrote:

Thanks team for your response but its does not point to right direction. @*sons_and_daughters* Yes english is not my first language but that has nothing to do with this issue. We will end this chat here and once again thanks for your valuable response.  

This is not a chat with ebay, nor an ebay team.

This is a public member to member forum that any member can reply to.

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

There is no "team" response because you aren't going to get a reply from ebay.

But, but, but we are The Team - the ones that show other members how to solve problems (well, some of them.)

Unlike the CS reps that are really good at reading prompts on their computer screen, but have little to no idea how eBay actually works..................

Edit. G'day Stawks, snap.

Spoiler
Found my red crayon................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Spoiler
Try your best not to eat it, Padi
Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

I dare not Stawks - the Countess would hunt me down with great vigour, and merciless intentions.......

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

In several languages, with many literary references.

Quelle horreur!

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

Indeed, our Countess is not to be trifled with.............

istockphoto-187237449-612x612.jpg

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

I dare not Stawks - the Countess would hunt me down with great vigour, and merciless intentions.......

So YOU’RE the notorious red crayon eater!

Garçon, c'est le crayon rouge de ma tante. ¡Ríndanse inmediatamente y entreguen sus llamas! Saevae astra! Fatum tuum sanguineo atramento scripsisti. Du musst sofort neue rote Buntstifte bei eBay bestellen.

Det är ditt enda hopp.

It is to be hoped that you can find a seller on eBay to replenish the aforementioned crayons, as for some reason I must have them, right here, right now, and probably wrapped up in Japanese paper with Sumerian writing on them…

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

In several languages, with many literary references.

Quelle horreur!

Mm-hmm. I particularly draw your attention to that great literary work, Harry Nutter and the Crayons of Redness.

”But Harry,” said Herzeloyde, “if He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned finds the Crayons of Redness before we do, it will mean the end of everything!”

“Then we’ve just got to find them first,” said Harry determinedly. “I’ve been practising my Enfindo spell…”

”Oh, yes! I think I have mastered it,” said Herzeloyde excitedly. “Enfindo Obfusco Enimo Objectivo!”

A small guinea pig in a frilled bonnet appeared. Herzeloyde went red.

The russet-haired Ron Ferrety sniggered. “Strangest crayon I’ve ever seen”, he snorted.

Harry said quickly, “Look, we’ve got to stick together. You-know-who has spies everywhere. Why don’t we look on SpELLbay? There are all sorts of magic things listed for sale there.”

Ron went red with embarrassment. “Can’t”, he said gloomily. “I’ve been kicked off for casting Changimo Mindus Reverso spells on buyers trying to send back the magic jelly beans I’ve been selling them.”

“You are an idiot, Ron,” said Herzeloyde, exasperated. “Why didn’t you set your policy to no change of mind returns?”

None of them noticed a black-robed figure spying on them, listening closely from behind the wall near the bushes…

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

🎶Whoa -oh We're halfway there

Whoa-oh Padi's under chair 🎶

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply