eBay's Priorities

Just received the latest newsletter from from Ebay & they announced they are partnering with Fulfilio. The claim, without any back up details that I could see, is this company will pack, pick-up, post for as little as $5.94 for a 500 grams parcel.

Ebay have no doubt worked out a way to profit from this collaboration. What they are missing, however, is that sellers need sales to utilise this service. The least of my problems (and I presume many other sellers) is an over-burden of parcels requiring packing etc from some other company. What I need is sales.

I wish eBay would make an effort to get people back buying on eBay and forget about ways to extract every last cent from sellers.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay's Priorities

This bit was interesteing:

"As of 1 July 2018, eBay is accepting and investigating reports from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) regarding sellers who are providing misleading or deceptive information about a productโ€™s item location."

So, if you want to report a seller for item location misrepresentation, report them to the ATO, not eBay, lol. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The other interesting item was this

Coming in late July 2018, youโ€™ll be able to provide your customer service phone number for pre-transaction support as well as post-transaction. This new eBay feature is a pilot and once itโ€™s available, make sure you opt in to provide buyers with a great customer experience.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yep, and they're only concerned with sellers dodging the new GST import charge, it's business as usual otherwise.

The key thing ebay aren't talking about with the Fulfilio program is the rent sellers will pay for shelf space to store their items in the Fulfilio warehouse.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I guess Fulfillio would be appealing for some sellers, but I'm a control freak and worry wart, and hate the idea of strangers storing my items and packing/dispatching my orders. I guess if you're a big time seller then it's unavoidable to have to enlist help, but I can't imagine it'd be cost-effective for small/medium sellers (although as others have pointed out, eBay is yet to provide enough details for us to determine the cost-effectiveness).

I barely trust my husband to take items to the post office for me when I'm unwell/unavailable (and when he does, he knows that if he comes home without the receipt there'll be trouble Smiley LOL).

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
Is Fulfillio owned by Pitney Bowes?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
Definitely another ebay cash grab.
It is most interesting that they have an under five hundred gram rate.
Especially as Australia post canned that years ago to pocket extra money
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

It was the 250g category that they did away with. We still have 500g satchels.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
Brerrabbit, that is right. I have a poor memory for some things
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@joztamps wrote:

The other interesting item was this

Coming in late July 2018, youโ€™ll be able to provide your customer service phone number for pre-transaction support as well as post-transaction. This new eBay feature is a pilot and once itโ€™s available, make sure you opt in to provide buyers with a great customer experience.

Saw that.

It would appear they're backing down, at least partially, on their current draconian policy.

Although as it will be opt in, it will only pick up those sellers who actually read eBay announcements. A small minority it would appear from posts on the boards.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply