international sales - economy air options when listing don't make sense to me

when listing today

options when listing internationally

if I select other than economy seamail or express I select

"economy airmail untracked-signature"  I read this as saying untracked but signature of delivery.

(correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong)

however looking online at australia post when selecting economy air options the x shows as it being untrackable and signature is a further price... eg to UK was $5.49

has anyone else noticed this? is this ebay's wording wrong or must be advise pricing differently now?

there is no straight economy air option today... I am really hoping its friday gremlins.....

TIA

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: international sales - economy air options when listing don't make sense to me

eBay wishes that the letter rates were abolished - more money to them via fees! No wonder the Global Shipping Program is such a hit with them for tiny things like DVDs.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: international sales - economy air options when listing don't make sense to me

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is all part of the same issue, but we've not been able to list because Of some shipping issue. 

It goes like this: I've been trying to list an item with our standard template with our standard default shipping policy. I receive a message telling me that the item location is in Australia, but the shipping method I have chosen is outside of Australia and thus the listing will not be allowed. 

I checked and double checked everything, but the shipping option was in fact correct and appropriate.

I rang eBay (boy oh boy, isn't it hard to get a phone number) 15 minutes or so ago and whilst the agent was very pleasant, he was unable to assist at the time I rang, but I was advised thus, and I hope this at least lets everyone know what happening.

They've been tweaking shipping as you've spoken about here and something is now amiss. I was told that a tech team is aware of the issue and currently working on it. I could not elicit a fix time or date, but was further told the issue related only to the international shipping options and the only way for me to list at the moment is to forego international selling and shipping for the time being and remove the international shipping option from my default policy.

I hope I've made sense with that. So basically, for those experiencing problems, the only work around is to sell within Australia only, for now. 

I hope this at least places a bit of understanding on the issue for those of you who are pulling your hair out. We'll manage, but I know this will make things awfully difficult for some others. I wish I had been given better news for you.

Melina.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

smoke.jpg

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Driving me mad with the postage options that ebay have in place now, i have sent an email asking which option do i pick if i want to send a small envelope worldwide. I dread to think of the answer that i will receive. Most likely scenario would be that i send it to China in a 20kg parcel for them to redirect it to somewhere else in the world, that might make ebay happy. Certainly doesn't make me happy the set up they have now.  I think the fridge is beckoning,   bye for now

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I got my response to my emailed enquiry to ebay.  Not reassuring, but I suppose if a buyer complains it will be a backup of sorts? 

Thank you for contacting eBay about the options for international postage.

I do understand that you are using the " Economy air " and you are now seeing a different service. Don't worry, we already raised this up to our management since most of the sellers doesn't like the new update for the international postage.

We'll keep you updated if ever there will be changed for the services.

Thank you for choosing eBay and have a great day.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply