is anyone else having problems with ebay Australia right now

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I feel as if I'm going mad!

I want to order something. I get to the point where I enter my address. I live in Australia so I have to enter my address manually. The state part is a drop down menu. They are all USA states so I can't order. I could scream.

Not to be deterred, I consider having a chat with Ebay. So I enter my problem and then it asks me for an item number and wont let me proceed without one. I think 'what is an item number' and go back to the item I want to purchase. There is no item number. SO I CAN'T CHAT WITH EBAY.

I AM SCREAMING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record, I had this problem yesterday as well. It's 21 March 2018

Message 21 of 60
Latest reply

Have you registered with ebay?

Also maybe that seller doesn't sell to overseas,that is why you can't order the item?

Message 22 of 60
Latest reply

The item number is usually a bit further down the page on the right side just under "Report item".

Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

If they are all US states, then maybe you are trying to buy on the US site?

Make sure you are on ebay.com.au in the address bar

Message 24 of 60
Latest reply

wl148
Community Member

rang ebay this morning re a buyer claiming item is defective. claimed it is deective and can not open the machine. have a email saying the passwords work but he cannot conver it to windows 7 from windows 10. listed as windows 10. his tech took 37 minutes to try to convert it and couldnt. 

why is this the sellers problem.

if ebay agrees with him iam leaving ebay as a seller and going to consumer affairs

Message 25 of 60
Latest reply

FYI, would have been better to start your own thread.

If it's the X220, it was sold with Win10.

Is it possible some of the hardware e.g. motherboard is simply too new to accept win 7 ?

Or some of the previous patches/updates required just aren't maintained any longer ?

As I see it, it was sold in working order with Win 10 and it is the buyers responsibility to check that older software will still function.

I do not think it's a defective unit, it is more likely a compatibility issue as computers are very sensitive when it comes to programs.

Especially dated software.

Consumer affairs cannot do much as you signed to eBay's terms and that includes abiding by eBay's buyer's MBG.

If the buyer opens a case wait until you have the unit back before refunding.

image host
Message 26 of 60
Latest reply

EBay now advise that ALL ITEMS listed must offer 30 or 60 days returns policy. I sell watches and pens so someone can wear a $6000 watch for 2 months and use a $1000 pen for 2 months and then complain? The moment they do PayPal debit my account in case the buyer wins - usually does under EBays warped policy - so no sake is sure fo 2 months.

Message 27 of 60
Latest reply

I don't offer returns and eBay still allows me to list.

Which really has nothing to do with this thread.

Message 28 of 60
Latest reply

I have done a check and found many with 30 days and sone with no returns. They have told me that all who fail to have 30 or 60 days returns will have items removed from saie listings
Message 29 of 60
Latest reply