managed payments and personal information.

Is it true that to sign up for managed payments, eBay demands heaps of personal information, and also we have to once again prove who we are and upload bank account details etc,etc. All of this personal informtion is then sent to a third party which eBay is then not responsible for. I would like to hear from those who have already signed up, as to whether this is true or not.

Message 1 of 118
Latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

Re: managed payments and personal information.

wouldn't wanna be ya! 😉

Message 21 of 118
Latest reply

I am happy with selling on eBay at the moment, and I'm also not the one spitting the dummy about having to provide legally required information.

I'm also at a loss to understand why you have a store when you have ONE listing and have sold bugga all recently. Which might be more indicative of the reasons for your attitude than the requirement to provide information.

Message 22 of 118
Latest reply

@yellowmusicbox wrote:

Ebay are demanding that I supply a photo ID, either a physical copy of my drivers licence or a copy of my passport. I am definitely not comfortable with handing it over to who knows who in ebay. Guess I'll have to leave ebay....

Hi, I guess you may have to in the end but I totally agree with you. This is sensitive info. I too would be uncomfortable in giving that extra sensitive info over. Below is a thread about a similar thing but with PayPal.

Paypal now restricting accounts, ignoring emails; requests by customers

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Paypal-now-restricting-accounts-ignoring-emails-requests-by/...

BTW: yellowmusicbox, if there's a way around this I do hope that you can achieve it.  And good on you for having your say as this is what this forum should be asbout!

Message 23 of 118
Latest reply

As a seller now on MP for the past 3 months...Who needs paypal...

Message 24 of 118
Latest reply

@hobby_cds wrote:

As a seller now on MP for the past 3 months...Who needs paypal...

Me. It's handy for ordering home delivered pizzas.

Message 25 of 118
Latest reply

There will still be times it will be needed when sending a payment request for extra postage or item charges. 

Message 26 of 118
Latest reply

@yellowmusicbox wrote:

Ebay are demanding that I supply a photo ID, either a physical copy of my drivers licence or a copy of my passport. I am definitely not comfortable with handing it over to who knows who in ebay. Guess I'll have to leave ebay....

I see you're still here, still paying for a store, and still selling a couple of items per month.

Message 27 of 118
Latest reply

it becomes difficult if the acc is say a wifes savings acc - they want letters of authorisation (and the upload didnt work for the 1st week) so pick your acc to match your name

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

The process is not as bad as it sounds,  for private sellers all you need is your drivers licence number,  Bank Account Name, BSB and  ACC numbers.  Then you have to upload   a Bank Statement (less than 3 months old)  Note, I just downloaded and provided a proof of balance and that was sufficient.

I am pretty sure the name of the ebay account holder  and that of the bank account have to match

For business accounts you had to include  ABN, ACN  and details of anyone with more than 25% share

Message 28 of 118
Latest reply

@licr-9909 wrote:

it becomes difficult if the acc is say a wifes savings acc - they want letters of authorisation (and the upload didnt work for the 1st week) so pick your acc to match your name

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

The process is not as bad as it sounds,  for private sellers all you need is your drivers licence number,  Bank Account Name, BSB and  ACC numbers.  Then you have to upload   a Bank Statement (less than 3 months old)  Note, I just downloaded and provided a proof of balance and that was sufficient.

I am pretty sure the name of the ebay account holder  and that of the bank account have to match

For business accounts you had to include  ABN, ACN  and details of anyone with more than 25% share

That is a given.....why would you try and give a bank account that is not in your name?

Message 29 of 118
Latest reply

im done here this is the final straw...NO Way re: managed payments and try speaking with the folks here via phone ...ive sold successfuly over the years but ebay have pushed and pushed aka removal of neg feedback on buyers then it was the SCAM of slicing off a cut of your postage fees NOW they want to know your personal  banking details and govt ID..NO WAY..and despite all of the assurances I WONT be giving my personal details out..Ive sold here for 10+ years never renegged on a sale..always tried hard to do the right thing..cant always get it right..yet this mob treat us with the UTMOST CONTEMPT..they charge exhorbitant fees and Im done.. that means leaving because if you dont then they just keep on treating sellers like doormats someone has to start and im sure im not alone...

Message 30 of 118
Latest reply