"We’ve allowed buyers to make offers to help you sell" NO HELP!!!

I'm new to ebay and I have noticed Ebay allowing offers on my items. I don't want this. I price my items at an excellent price and most of what I sell are handmade. I don't want to sell any lower. Ebay sends me an email and I have to go to 'manage my offers' on every single item. How do I stop this from happening all together.

Thanks Lisa xoxox

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: "We’ve allowed buyers to make offers to help you sell" NO HELP!!!

Unfortunately, eBay seems to think this is a good idea somehow (see this thread, in case it helps to know that it's happening to others and I don't think anyone is impressed: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Occasional-sellers-penalised/m-p/2144539#M168565 )

I'm not sure if you can stop them from doing it, but I would complain through any and every means necessary until they understand that they have no business messing with something like that without express permission. It is such a ridiculous action to take on seller's listings that I am angry on behalf of anyone eBay has done it to. Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 86
Latest reply

I've heard that this happened before ( and quite recently). From memory , it was a newish seller.
Whether this is ebays way of "helping" new sellers, I wouldn't know.
The more I hear and read about the site, the less I understand.
As said before, just keep complaining (politely, of course!!).
Let us know how things end up.
Message 3 of 86
Latest reply

They continue to poke the Golden Goose!!

I was going to say bear, but really, we have no teeth in anything eBay.

Is this an act of meddling, or an act of some sort of desperation? Or, just eBay doing the thinking for us, because we can't?

Whatever be the case it's downright rude!!

Melina.

Message 4 of 86
Latest reply

I feel that EBay is running scared nowadays ... too much competition from other online sites. Even the big sites have their own online site ( even on EBay...think J B Hi-Fi).

A few people are having great sales with their own web sites, not to mention the other E...  site , gumtree and facebook. (Hope I don't get a slap for that one!)

As a result, I feel they are meddling where they shouldn't be. It's just making things worse.

And as you say, rudeness! We are not 5 year olds. We do know what we are doing.

If we don't, we come to the boards and ask for help nicely.

Message 5 of 86
Latest reply

There must be some sort of criteria for this. I have checked my shop & non-shop accounts, none has had meddling ebay hands in them.

Message 6 of 86
Latest reply

@melbourneclearancewrote:

There must be some sort of criteria for this. I have checked my shop & non-shop accounts, none has had meddling ebay hands in them.

Me either. Even this account, which doesn't sell a lot.

Message 7 of 86
Latest reply

Could be a new seller "feature"? Both the compainees are new sellers. I know it's only 2. but it's all I can come up with.

Message 8 of 86
Latest reply

That's what I was thinking. I have 2 items with best offer but I put it there.

All my other listings are BIN with no best offer and no meddling from the powers that be.
Message 9 of 86
Latest reply

The option is always ticked when I go to relist an item, but I untick it. I've not got any that have defaulted back to Best Offer. I'd be pretty pished if they did!

Message 10 of 86
Latest reply