"You made the sale for xxxx" ???

I wish eBay would just leave things alone. If its not broke, etc. Just when you get used to a new system (eg, listing designer) they go and break it again and make it even more dysfunctional. And it always gets worse. evern new change is worse than the last one

Today I open my inbox and the first item is You made the sale (item bname)

WHAT? What kind of Chinglish is this? On what planet does anyone speak like this?

What happened to SOLD: (item name)>??

Clear, concise, simple, and at a pinch allows me to SORT EMAILS to find what has sold over the last few days

"You made the sale for"??

Seriously?

/rantoff

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: "You made the sale for xxxx" ???

When I went to business policies I had enabled this feature. Have gone back and opted out and got this message.

Thanks for trying out business policies
Are you sure you want to opt out for now? Once business policies are available to everyone, you'll have to use them again with all your listings, so please let us know why you want to opted out now. When you're ready, you can go to My eBay to try them out again.
Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

geez....is anything working?

Message 12 of 41
Latest reply

All scams can be easily avoided, but sometimes people don't check, click on links etc.

Personally, I don't even look at emails, but only at my eBay account. I only look at emails when I need old order confirmations.

I understand the OP's frustration, to be honest. As Sandy said, it is just the kind of wording scammers would use. People in the UK were irritated too. Luckily, I am not a seller, so I won't get those emails. Fingers crossed I won't get emails with the subject "You made a purchase for XXXX"...

Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

It's legit.  I received the same email & money from buyer is in my account.

Posted the book & all good, so just another change from Ebay.

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

Received same wording on a genuine sale yesterday. No way can I repeat here the exact words I used out loud after reading "You made the sale for ..." as ebay would translate them into bleeps.

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

eBay have really not gone far enough. Surely the wording should be “Dear friend, you made the sale for $xxxx, to get this moneys you must pay release fees in bitcoin now”…?

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

It is relevant, in that addresses eBay's habit of making egregious changes to things without notification or consultation.

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

and the new layout displays incorrect amount of money received in the email. If you have a variation listing, the email only shows the price for the first option even though the buyer selects other options.

I have to talk to ebay tomorrow.

Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

I correct myself:    an item sold at auction says "You made the sale ..".       So perhaps it is the new norm for auction items?

Message 20 of 41
Latest reply