the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Once again thank you to all the early adopters for jumping off the cliff come late July. We'll hold back registering until all the lemmings have ironed out the bugs ahead so we have a soft landing on the 'pile' below...
Message 181 of 699
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
Once again thank you to all the early adopters for jumping off the cliff come late July. We'll hold back registering until all the lemmings have ironed out the bugs ahead so we have a soft landing on the 'pile' below...

hahahah I like that. I remember up signing up to something years ago because Ebay said it would be compulsory very very soon. They kept pushing back the final implementation date until about a year later the whole thing was canned.It was a good lesson for me which i use often.

Message 182 of 699
Latest reply

Have you been given a deadline to sign up? Just today I've received the following (I've had several email previously saying the same thing):

"Your account will be activated for managed payments from late July, and you are required to register by 15th July 2020"

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 183 of 699
Latest reply

yesterday I got an email saying I have been successfully registered

today I get an email saying you must register

Smiley Frustrated

Message 184 of 699
Latest reply

It's Schrödinger's registration, evidently.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 185 of 699
Latest reply

Just had another long whinge to ebay.

I am not too happy about having to put in my drivers licence details, I can't afford a fancy lawyer if ebay has their account hacked.

I will be the last sheep jumping off the cliff on the fifteenth.

The only other option is to close up all together, only a week to decide, no pressure.

I don't see why it is needed, my bank has my details, I was verified here ages ago so why???

Jenny

Message 186 of 699
Latest reply

as i'm not selling anything (nothing listed) i see no reason to rush to 'sign up'

right now listing to sell again could be a very long way off in the distance.

i will worry about this then.

Message 187 of 699
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

It makes no difference when you register, it doesn't change over immediately. It just says thank you for registering and stays the same. Everyone will be getting moved over at the same time anyway once the registration deadline is passed. Anyone who doesn't register by the deadline won't be able to list until they do.

Message 188 of 699
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/6/1593523461.html

All of the fees have been published here except for insertion fees, however they said that sellers on managed payments will get 250k free listings (presumably per month) - I don't have this currently reflected in my eBay account, though signing up early was supposed to supply them straight away (not that I need them, with a featured store and a little under 700 listings). 

The US fees are also published since there's been sellers on it for months, however their instertion fee structure is different to ours - I'm presuming since there's been no announcement surrounding insertion fees other than the 250k free ones, pricing for that remains the same (honestly, I don't see why they would change, those costs are unrelated to payment processing). 

I enquired about the 250k listings, they will be made available once your account is activated on managed payments.

Message 189 of 699
Latest reply

I managed to locate the new fee structure.

For me selling mostly books the final value fee will jump from 12% to 14.35%.

Plus a .30cent flat rate instead of whatever paypal used to charge.

I am going to shut my shop, I have to save somewhere, I can't put prices up any further to cover all these extra fees I am afraid.

So I have been bundling my books and will list them alternately once I go back to 40 free listings per month.

Not happy though, it will mean more work and less exposure.

Jenny

Message 190 of 699
Latest reply