why do chinese sellers take priority over australian sellers on an australian ebay site

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

why do chinese sellers take priority over australian sellers on an australian ebay site

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Very insightful comment, that.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

> enjoy ebay NOW as much as posible wether your a buyer or seller cause the au gov is going to hammer buyers and sellers very hard in the future.

ytwo000 was a bit of a fortune teller back in 2014. The government is now getting sellers' income/tax data from eBay to make sure we report everything and buyers are being forced to pay GST on imports.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

The government has been getting seller information since long before 2014, so that was hardly fortunetelling.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

If you want country specific just put ebay(country) into Google and it will come up.  Hope it is in English!

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

The person you are responding to posted in January 2014

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

If I type, say, "blue bedspread" into eBay.au search, with no brand name, the results I get will be from China, India or Australian sellers offering the same items as from China and India.  Even when I use 'Aust only'  I still the similar items over and over again being sold in Aust.  Frustrating, a waist of time and prepaid money. The same old things keep coming up in my results.  I have put in colour, fabric, style, you name it but still get the same old things appearing in my search.  So I am suggesting A LIST OF ALL BRAND NAMES be added to eBay search.  When I put in Sheridan then many bedspreads by Sheridan appear.  Thing is I do not know all the brand names to search for here, in US or UK.  Some brand names appear in a horizontal line under search box but only a few.  Not much choice.   Buying on eBay.au is not made for relaxed and easy shopping.  As a seller as well on eBay I need to pay extra fees to promote my items or they just don't appear or sell.  Not the same old local eBay selling any more.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@moonbow11 wrote:

As a seller as well on eBay I need to pay extra fees to promote my items or they just don't appear or sell.  Not the same old local eBay selling any more.

You may well find if you get rid of the numbers in front of your listings they will become more visible, without having to promote them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

For the love of all things - this thread is 8 years old

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply