Charged twice for the same items

Has anyone else had the issue of being charged twice for the same items?

I bought 4 DVDs from a seller. I checked my bank account and each DVD including postage was withdrawn from my account, then a couple of days later the total amount for the 4 DVDs + postage was taken out of my account  again - so I have paid twice for the same items!!?

Checked with my bank - they said check with eBay and the seller as it easier to get the money back that way. 

Well the seller says nothing to do with them - not their problem - DON'T MAKE ACCUSATIONS!!!

Logged a misconduct with eBay, got  a confirmation email saying they would look into it....but nothing after 6 days.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Charged twice for the same items

If you paid with paypal call them on Monday,(not sure if they are availableon the weekends) they would most likely be more help than eBay Live Chat and they can see exactly what is going on.

Message 2 of 52
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You must have authorised the payments......the seller cannot "take" anything from your accounts.

If all the payments were through paypal I find it unbelievable......if the items were paid for individually it would not be possible to issue a combined invoice and pay again.

Message 3 of 52
Latest reply

Hi lyndal1838, thank you for your response.

This is quite bizarre, as some days when I check my bank transaction history I can always see the 4 individual payments taken out of my account, however somedays the total amount of the 4 DVDs is there and other days it is not. Also the the total amount has an ID as just one of the DVD's!!??

It must be something to do with my bank, I will speak to them again tomorrow.

Cheers

Message 4 of 52
Latest reply

tingqi-9
Community Member

Hello did you resolve this issue? If so how? I'm currently facing the same problem. Exact same situation as you have posted and I'm at a loss for what to do! Please help 

Message 5 of 52
Latest reply

tablox96
Community Member

I had the same issue. Partner and I bought over $1500 of car parts, the total amount came out as a pending transaction but then the next day, each individual seller took out their separate amount for their individual items. Sent our account into negatives by $700. Complained to eBay continuously until they admitted it's a fault that seems to be happening a bit lately through their new checkout system on the app. They said the pending transaction would release back into my account in 7 business days and apologised for the inconvenience. I had a newborn and was unable to get shopping, fuel, anything. Had to cancel appointments as I couldn't afford to travel to them while I waited for MY money to come back. I demanded for compensation, they refused to send any vouchers as they "can't manually do that". They then said they'd have extra released back as compensation, but I never received anything. Just continuous apologies for the inconvenience. But it was more than just an inconvenience. I was charged fees by the bank for being in negatives, I had to borrow cash from my pensioner mother to be able to buy formula for my baby, it was ridiculous. It took the FULL 7 business days to come back, even though one particular eBay support member said it'd be back in 2-3 days (I kept getting different answers). I almost committed to never using eBay again because of this, but decided to give them another chance (stupid me). The next few purchases went smoothly. However, my little sister just bought $90 worth of phone cases on her new eBay account using my card, and the same thing has happened. So their error a few months ago has still not been fixed. I'm outraged, I'm in negatives again by $70 (thankfully have enough in another account to cover that and avoid fees but is still extremely annoying as that money was meant for my sister's birthday). Wish me luck as I send off yet another complaint to eBay. NEVER using eBay again. 

Message 6 of 52
Latest reply

Having a similar issue on my end.

The other night I bought four DVD boxsets from two different sellers in the one transaction.
Seller 1: $80.96
Seller 2: $62.37
Total spent: $143.33

However, looking at my bank account, I have been charged three different times - $143.33, $80.96 and $62.37.

What do I do?

Message 7 of 52
Latest reply

What do you do?

Clarify with eBay, Paypal or your bank.

Message 8 of 52
Latest reply

Same thing happens to me bro … don’t even got cash now for food…**bleep** ebay

Message 9 of 52
Latest reply

And the sad thing is … it’s so dam hard to get a live chat in eBay but it can be done I think I googled it … or it’s at the top left when ur trying to find help … maybe type in eBay live chat or so thing … have a good look around the site tho and don’t click and scammy ad links that always pop up first in google search… anyhow seems to be a very common problem this month … she will be right u will get ur cash back … I gotta wait 3 to 5 days for mine haha 

Message 10 of 52
Latest reply