Charged twice for the same items

Has anyone else had the issue of being charged twice for the same items?

I bought 4 DVDs from a seller. I checked my bank account and each DVD including postage was withdrawn from my account, then a couple of days later the total amount for the 4 DVDs + postage was taken out of my account  again - so I have paid twice for the same items!!?

Checked with my bank - they said check with eBay and the seller as it easier to get the money back that way. 

Well the seller says nothing to do with them - not their problem - DON'T MAKE ACCUSATIONS!!!

Logged a misconduct with eBay, got  a confirmation email saying they would look into it....but nothing after 6 days.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Charged twice for the same items

Live chat is really simple to get on to... just click the "Help" link on the top left of the page... then hit the big blue "Contact us" button... on the next page, select "Buying"... then select "Paying for items"... finally, click the "Chat with us" link on the left of the page.

You have to let them know what your issue is in relation to, hence the steps as listed above. Personal experience indicates that they join the chat within a few minutes - usually less than one minute, though - and you even get a transcript of the communication emailed to you after the chat session is closed.

Alternatively, you can select the "Have us call you" link below the "Chat with us" link. I've used this option three times, and find that they usually call within 3-7 minutes

For the average Joe, contacting eBay CS is a million times easier now than it has ever been

Message 31 of 52
Latest reply

Same but paid for items were billed double next day as well. Ebay say system error but I think they are stealing and investing the money untill they must return the stolen money... It's a situation the Australian police cannot solve because they are not allowed to. I am waiting AGAIN for eBay to return stolen money. EBAY themselves not the sellers are at fault here. If any evidence can be found of algirythem that enables this theft or evidence of many people in group action is the only way to prevent corporations stealing your money. The banks are complicit because they allow ebay and others to take whatever they like and will not cancel transactions even if you supply evidence of theft. Corrupt politicians, dumbed down police and corporate rule over the state allows this theft and "turn a blind eye"..... Situation critical now. 

Message 32 of 52
Latest reply

Partially correct. Nothing to stop ebay taking the money spinning it on bitcoin and paying you back weeks later blaming system errors, lol,  because politicians have allowed thus theft by corporations. Corporate state enabled theft at its very very best my friend. 

Message 33 of 52
Latest reply

Yes. Thieves at eBay will blame your bank, your device anything but eBay stealing, playing bitcoin market and paying you back weeks later. Interest free client funded "loans", eBay could just give things away and still spin a profit from this little theft invest game they are allowed to play with our grocery money...... Grrrr at Australian liberal government. IF they could they would string us up and let corporations drain our blood provided enough donations"" were paid..... 

Message 34 of 52
Latest reply

this happened to me!  Ordered from 2 separate sellers, and was charged separately, then received another charge the following day of the total of the 2 orders.  Who did you have to contact?

Message 35 of 52
Latest reply

Honestly I don't know why ebay bother, it is not that hard to understand.  Shame some of the posters here have not come back  to admit they are wrong and that their whinges  are unfounded.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/A-note-about-eBay-purchases/ba-p/2443976

Message 36 of 52
Latest reply

revix_5
Community Member

Furthermore the miserable thing is … it's so dam hard to get a live visit in eBay yet it tends to be done I think I googled it … or it's at the upper left when ur attempting to track down help … perhaps type in eBay live talk or so thing … have a decent check out the site though and don't click and underhanded advertisement connects that in every case spring up first in google search… at any rate is by all accounts an exceptionally normal issue this month … she will be correct u will get ur cash back … I need to hang tight 3 to 5 days for mine haha

Message 37 of 52
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

$625.65 double charged.

$625.65 removed 08/02

then $625.65 removed 10/02

ebay claim its a fee that can be from $1 to the total amount and will go back into my bank in 48 hours to 30 days.

ebay also claimed it happened because i made a purchase from 2 sellers in one transaction.

ebay also claimed it was my bank becease it was over $600.

my bank said its ebay and they hold your money, dont use that to pay the seller but remove it again if its still in your bank. if the money is not in your bank ebay just give the sellers the money they took. 

it use to happen with paypal, i removed that a year ago and iv not had the problem until now. 

im sure ebay started to do what paypal was doing as im sure alot of people removed paypal so this does not happen.

so only thing to do is remove ebay now.

aliexpress, amazon and good old gumtree will do 🇦🇺🐨👍

Message 38 of 52
Latest reply

Never had a problem with paypal or ebay double charging.  But then again I know how to reconcile a bank account.

Message 39 of 52
Latest reply

This happened to me aswell!

Message 40 of 52
Latest reply