Will ebay consider Afterpay as a payment option for buyers?

Afterpay and Zip pay is prooving very popular. It would be good to offer this added payment gateway option to customers. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Will ebay consider Afterpay as a payment option for buyers?

@davewil1964 wrote:

eBay are dumping Paypal and using their own system.

And the uproar that could come out of that may well eclipse the whinges about the GSP and GST...........if it's anything like previous "improvements" to eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

I presume that it would be the responsibility of Afterpay to reclaim the monies owed.

What is to stop a buyer from not paying and keep the item now using Afterpay?

Afterpay obviously have a workaround.

I have noticed that in the Judicial Courts, you can be tried for debt without being present, If found guilty, you bank account(s) can be monitored and any funds withdrawn to pay you debt(s) and court costs.

You don't have a say in it, and you will not be issued a warning. The banks will however inform you after the fact.

I know that the Australian local and Federal Governments have the power to do this now for debt(s) owed to the state.

The judicial court system now has the power to issue the order in a local court.

So even if you are a low income person on welfare...too bad, no mercy.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

with afterpay. The seller gets the money straight away and the buyer pays the money to afterpay over 4 fortnightly payments. So there is no risk to the seller at all. 

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It will be irrelevant in a few years - eBay are dumping Paypal and using their own system.

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

AfterPay and ZipPay actually pay the seller directly, then the buyer pays them back. You as the seller still get paid at point of sale, so obviously you can ship.
Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

I totally agree. I would buy a lot more if ebay were to add afterpay.
Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

ZipPay now allows you to purchase gift cards these days, including eBay gift cards up to the value of $500. So yes, you can use ZipPay to make eBay purchases.
Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

Afterpay pays for the item as an investment and lets the buyer pay it off at a small fee to the seller. If the buyer does not pay then after will slap them with hefty fees. I use it because i can buy and pay off what i normally can't afford straight up so it is a very wise choice to go with ebay for a seller.
Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Afterpay pays for the item as an investment and lets the buyer pay it off at a small fee to the seller. If the buyer does not pay then after will slap them with hefty fees. I use it because i can buy and pay off what i normally can't afford straight up so it is a very wise choice to go with afterpay for a seller.
Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

Still no Afterpay? I wonder if ebay read our threads?

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply