Will ebay consider Afterpay as a payment option for buyers?

Afterpay and Zip pay is prooving very popular. It would be good to offer this added payment gateway option to customers. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Will ebay consider Afterpay as a payment option for buyers?

No, ebay never reads the threads on the boards, much less replies.

I doubt that they will ever introduce Afterpay or any other delayed payment system at least until after their own payment system is up and running.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

I would imagine that Buyers would have to provide Credit/Debit Card Details, and Installments will be Automatic.

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
We would prefer buyers to pay before we ship, not sometime after! How would this work with non-paying buyers when they already have the item?
Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

Old news. And once would have been sufficient.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

It raises the next question though......do sellers want to pay the additional fee to sell to afterpay users ? One of my main concerns would be that afterpay customers may well prove to be more troublesome in other areas of the sale as well. If they are the type of buyer who has to have it now, even if they havnt got the money to pay for it..... are they going to ding my stars when it didnt arrive yesterday or claim " item not recieved " when the aftepay payment is due, but they still havnt got the money to make the payment ?

With many buyers becoming more difficult, self centred and demanding, afterpay clients may well be the ones a seller just doesnt need.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

chameleon, those are points well worth considering for sellers.

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

chameleon, those are points well worth considering for sellers.

Countess, hopefully eBay will give the seller the option of accepting or refusing Afterpay as a payment option.

They certainly don't give the sellers that option with credit card payments through Paypal..........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

Your points are irrelevant as you would be paid by afterpay to immediately when the buyer chooses them as the payment method if they don't pay on time that is between them and afterpay and not your problem. As a seller all you need to do is ensure that you have proof of delivery via a tracked method.
Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

@timakempton wrote:
Your points are irrelevant as you would be paid by afterpay to immediately when the buyer chooses them as the payment method if they don't pay on time that is between them and afterpay and not your problem. As a seller all you need to do is ensure that you have proof of delivery via a tracked method.

Just out of curiosity which of bigpelecan's posts are you referring to ? Their Feb '08 or the July '09 one ?

If it's to neither of those, then quote the post you're replying to or else your post makes little sense.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 43
Latest reply