Fake Counterfeit Item

2223-au
Community Member

OK

I bought an item from China

Item came and it was a copy counterfeit cheaply made (adidas Tracksuit)..not to mention it was totally wrong size that i had ordered...This was confirmed by a shop that i went to have it inspected even though it was obvious.

I message the seller, They said that they are sorry and i can post it back..or they will give me some compensation for the mistake they made...This to me is an admission of guilt.

I cannot post this item as was Fake Fraudulent copy and doing so was against the LAW.

Had Ebay intervene in this transaction and after a few days ebay informed me the outcome was against me ..i can keep it or post it back

Told ebay it was against the Law to post back and they said basically too bad

Ebay are supporting fradulent sellers and also forcing customers to break the Law

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Fake Counterfeit Item

At least it's not a 'genuine replica'      hahabird.gif

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

I've always been amused by near miss

If your nearly miss something,don't you hit it?

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

I've always been amused by near miss

If your nearly miss something,don't you hit it?

Could just be a young lass, standing very close. 

bad joke

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

You made me almost spit my chicken roastie at the computer 

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

I'm going to revert to type here.

A near miss means it nearly hit, but didn't. Thus a near (hit but a) miss. Normal English elidation of words/phrases.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

It still (mostly) makes sense as a two-word phrase, but can be one of those things that sounds wrong.

If you compare 'near miss' to 'nearly missed', you can see a very clear distinction and difference in meaning. 

Also, consider the phrase "near bear' Smiley Very Happy A bear is near, indeed it is very near. The bear is so near it's almost touching, but this is a not a touching bear, it's just a near bear.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

By the rule of double negatives a fake counterfeit item is a real item.Smiley LOL

Not necessarily, it could be an attempt to pass something off as a real counterfeit when it's a fake attempt at a valuable collectable (or cfollectible) counterfeit.

Without, of course, falling into infinite recursion.Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

As in a Miss America contestant and Donald Trump.

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@2223-au wrote:

LOL...its not about the item i received.

Its more about eBay supporting these fraudulent peasant sellers!

Also eBay telling me to post back even though they know its a fake!

I always wonder at the word peasant being used.  I'd imagine a lot of these shonky sellers would be quite rich, especially when you consider just how many sales they get.  Even at $1 profit on each item, in a year it'd add up to quite a lot.  

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@2223-au wrote:

LOL...its not about the item i received.

Its more about eBay supporting these fraudulent peasant sellers!

Also eBay telling me to post back even though they know its a fake!

I always wonder at the word peasant being used.  I'd imagine a lot of these shonky sellers would be quite rich, especially when you consider just how many sales they get.  Even at $1 profit on each item, in a year it'd add up to quite a lot.  

You're not allowed to be racist any more, so I guess another ism has to substitute.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply