Global Shipping Program

Buyers beware of sellers in the USA who are on the Global Shipping Program. I recently bought 4 watches from the same seller in the USA, and when I went to pay, there were 4 shipping costs - $17.70, $17.40, $17.80 and $17.89. (Try and work out why they were all different???). When I asked the seller to combine the posting, he replied that he cannot as the Global Shipping Program does not allow him to combine.

When I messaged eBay about this I received a message back that said in part "The seller doesn't know the import cost since it is the global shipping provider that would determine depending on your location. Thus, the US sellers are not allowed to combine postage." That is a load of crock. THERE IS NO IMPORT COST FOR WATCHES INTO AUSTRALIA. I have imported for the last 2 years.

Talk about getting ripped-off.

Pitney Bowes are the Global Shippers, and their site reads "AFTER you've completed checkout, you can review these charges on the Order Details page. The Order Details page shows the total charges and the payment amounts to the seller and the payment amount that went to the global shipping provider".

The seller posts your item to Pitney Bowes and they forward post it to you.

I read up on this Global Shipping Program and it says that they are not affiliated with eBay, yet eBay obviously gets a kick-back from them. This is what their site reads under "Description of Fees"::

1. U.S. Shipping Fee

2. International Shipping Fee

3. Fuel Surcharge

4. Transportation Fee

5. Parcel Processing Service Fee

6. Distribution Center Management Fee

7. Loss Management Fee

8. Transportation Risk Premium Fee

9. Referral Fee - a variable fee paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay Inc. for referring you to the program.

I wonder, if ever, when eBay will stop it's quest for greed at the expense of the buyers and sellers. There are millions of items sold and bought on eBay every day. When is "enough" enough??

Message 1 of 228
Latest reply
227 REPLIES 227

Global Shipping Program

Well done getting that reply from eBay, I wonder if they'll send that information to all their sellers that are using the GSP?

Somehow I tend to doubt it.......................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 51 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

Well done getting that reply from eBay, I wonder if they'll send that information to all their sellers that are using the GSP?

Really Padi.  Do you mean that there is not complete transparency in the information ebay gives their sellers?

You surprise me!!

Message 52 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

Really Padi.  Do you mean that there is not complete transparency in the information ebay gives their sellers?

You surprise me!!

"Awakes suddenly from a wonderful dream of a perfect eBay...............yawn.................."

true.gif

Message 53 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Hey, padi, that trebuchet would give the Global Shipping Program

a run for it's money, ay what?

Spoiler
Sorry. Not ignoring you. Really.  Extremely busy ATM. Should get back into the swing of things in a coupla weeks

Spoiler
Have no idea what a diamond halo is and I don't think it will fool the mods one bit,  lol

Message 54 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Yea I know, you have to be very careful with this program.

Also note they should have something like this on the auction.

Please DO NOT PAY instantly. Win the item (s) you wish to purchase and then please wait for a combined shipping invoice. Paying instantly produces a super quick turn-around and nothing can be added to an already paid invoice. So again, please DO NOT PAY instantly, wait for a combines shipping invoice All issues are first prints, in high grade near mint condition. Please ask any questions. YES, I do combine shipping so please do not pay instantly

If they don't then hit them up about it.

Also yea the program doesn't combine postage on seperate purchases, so make sure all items are checked out and combined.

Message 55 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

and BTW

yea I was ripped off by around $40 US when my items were not combined and sent in 3 packages ( note it's also the ones that feedback was removed from ).

Message 56 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

" k1ooo-slr-sales "

" in a nutshell, what Pitney Bowes and the GSP are providing is seller protection.  BUT, it is the buyers who are paying to provide the sellers with this protection. "

I find this part amusing, as it's so true, I used a guy with GSP and he blaimed the shipping company for the damage to the items, though they were never taking out of the comic envelopes.

Message 57 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

To be fair to the seller, Pitney Bowes (GSP guys) are being paid to repackage the items for secure overseas shipping.

the fact that they didn't, not for your comics or anything I have had delivered through them, is just another concern with this "service".

(but the seller should have packed them well enough to withstand crisscrossing the U.S. at least, that should have been done then it would have worked out better)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 58 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

2013aucrou
Community Member
I purchased item from USA it was posted on 21st March I still haven't received item and the tracking said it reached Erlanger Kentucky on the 24th March. The transit status says it is still in Kentucky. I contacted seller, they replied that there was nothing they can do. I have tried to find a way of contacting them but could not. Does any one know how to contact GPS. I have received items from rural China in a lot less time. Don't think I will go through this again.
Message 59 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

If you paid by PayPal open a dispute for "item not received" since if the item is still in USA it's doubtful if it would now get to you before the 45 day limit on the dispute.

Message 60 of 228
Latest reply