Global Shipping Program

Buyers beware of sellers in the USA who are on the Global Shipping Program. I recently bought 4 watches from the same seller in the USA, and when I went to pay, there were 4 shipping costs - $17.70, $17.40, $17.80 and $17.89. (Try and work out why they were all different???). When I asked the seller to combine the posting, he replied that he cannot as the Global Shipping Program does not allow him to combine.

When I messaged eBay about this I received a message back that said in part "The seller doesn't know the import cost since it is the global shipping provider that would determine depending on your location. Thus, the US sellers are not allowed to combine postage." That is a load of crock. THERE IS NO IMPORT COST FOR WATCHES INTO AUSTRALIA. I have imported for the last 2 years.

Talk about getting ripped-off.

Pitney Bowes are the Global Shippers, and their site reads "AFTER you've completed checkout, you can review these charges on the Order Details page. The Order Details page shows the total charges and the payment amounts to the seller and the payment amount that went to the global shipping provider".

The seller posts your item to Pitney Bowes and they forward post it to you.

I read up on this Global Shipping Program and it says that they are not affiliated with eBay, yet eBay obviously gets a kick-back from them. This is what their site reads under "Description of Fees"::

1. U.S. Shipping Fee

2. International Shipping Fee

3. Fuel Surcharge

4. Transportation Fee

5. Parcel Processing Service Fee

6. Distribution Center Management Fee

7. Loss Management Fee

8. Transportation Risk Premium Fee

9. Referral Fee - a variable fee paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay Inc. for referring you to the program.

I wonder, if ever, when eBay will stop it's quest for greed at the expense of the buyers and sellers. There are millions of items sold and bought on eBay every day. When is "enough" enough??

Message 1 of 228
Latest reply
227 REPLIES 227

Global Shipping Program

Yes I agree......I wanted to buy 3 dresses from same seller and was expected to pay 3 lots of postage!!!! Plus I have never paid any customs tax or duty (think it only kicks in after $1,000AU) which they try to say GSP is going to pay for us....ha!

Obviously Global Shipping Program is getting some sort of payment, which makes everything more expensive, plus with all the handling in the US, it takes forever to get here.

NO more GSP for me.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman Sad

Message 61 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

You can get around it by requesting an invoice through the shopping cart at the top of the screen. If it's not there, try through ebay US. The sellers can't send an invoice the regular way through the seller page, but they can if you request it. That way they should be able to combine the shipping costs. That also gets it away from the GSP. BUT, the seller has to be willing to package the items and then take them to the post office, so always pays to ask if they're willing before you place any bids because there are some that aren't willing to (usually high turnover sellers).

Message 62 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Had a similar problem with GSP (Global Shipping Program)...items totalled $263-90, but the GSP freight was $596-87.

Seller identified the same thing "he has no control of shipping, GSP does it automatically".

Long story short the Seller ended up opting-out of the GSP as it was costing him too much in sales from international buyers.

GSP is a complete nightmare run by muppets with no idea (presently I'm missing 5 parcels from the USA sent GSP), however anybody who buys from US Sellers should firstly check if they use GSP...if they do, then I'd AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I won't purchase from any Seller now who uses GSP, its just not worth the grief.

Message 63 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Parcelforce is a legitimate arm of the Royal Mail postal service.

Most UK Sellers sending anything of value will use Parcelforce as it provides tracking and signature on delivery. Also it's a very quick service to Australia (usually 6-9 days).

Only drawback it costs a lot more than usual postage, but to be honest I've found it very worth while as your items ARRIVE ALWAYS.

Message 64 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

i havent recieve my i phone 5s 

i waited so long 

pls reply me 

UPAAB000000061066511

Message 65 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

@mandeep805451 wrote:

i havent recieve my i phone 5s 

i waited so long 

pls reply me 

UPAAB000000061066511

Mandeep, you need to contact the seller for the tracking number.

If you paid with PayPal don't forget the cut-off time is 45days from purchase date to open a dispute for non-delivery.

I hope you realise that the cherger for this may not work on 240volts as it's meant for 110volts, you may well need to get a 240v to 110v converter for it, or run the risk of frying the iPhone.

BTW this is a member to member help board, you're not contacting eBay here.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 66 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

The charger will be fine apple use a 100-240 charger

Message 67 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Mandeep, you need to contact the seller for the tracking number.

That is a GSP tracking number shown. They are usually useless.

Mandeep, start a paypal claim for Item Not Received at once.

The seller can do nothing, they have passed responsibility to the GSP shipper as a GSP tracking number has been issued.

Message 68 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I absolutely agree. What is worse is ther eis no way of disputing the costs without involving the seller and Pay Pal then will deny your request for a refund.

I bought something that I had no choice but to use GSP as the seller would only ship overseas on ebay via that. My item actually did arrive (thankfully) but the local Fed Ex told me it was economy shipping when it clearly states "International Priority Shipping" so they refused to deliver it for several days. Amazingly it arrived a day earlier than their tracking website stated but still. I could've had my item earlier an thanks to PP sucking extra $ off me when converting from US to Australian dolalrs (i'm sorry but how does $179=$199 AU when the echange rate was not that at all?)

Message 69 of 228
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Paypal builds their conversion fees into the exchange rate so you only make one payment.  If you let your bank do the conversion you will pay for the item and shipping and will then find a separate fee for the conversion.

For the most part, when you add the two amounts that you pay the bank you will find that they are marginally more than the one amount paid to paypal.

Message 70 of 228
Latest reply