How can I turn off the automatic sign in to PayPal when I pay for an item

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

@jake12373 wrote:

Then why even say something if you know nothing about it.

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I can understand that....sorry I can not help you.   I only ever use ebay on a computer/laptop and when going through checkout I am automatically asked to log in.

Oh goody, my own personal Troll.

If you bothered to read the whole thread you would see that I answered the OP on the assumption that s/he was using a PC or a laptop.

When s/he explained that it was an ipad I answered that I had no experience of an ipad so could not help.

Message 31 of 52
Latest reply

It's in Paypal under Settings.  Click the Security tabv and then edit the section titled "Stay logged in for faster purchases". A list of appliances that you have authorised auto login on will be displayed (ie mobile/cell phone, tablet, desktop). You can choose to either close one off at a time, or all in one go  Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 52
Latest reply

I am sure the OP has managed to work it out in the 4 YEARS since she asked to question.

Please look at the dates the questions were asked before replying.

Message 33 of 52
Latest reply

As a new seller using these boards as a way of soaking up as much helpful info, advice and lore as possible (and very helpful they have been, so far), I must say that the prevalence of the resurrection of these zombie threads is distracting and time-wasting and, sometimes, misleading because of changes in rules, etc.

Is there any reason why the forum does not follow the very widespread practice of closing down inactive threads after a periosd of inactivity, say 6 months?

Message 34 of 52
Latest reply

Yes, there is a very good reason why zombie threads are not locked....if they are locked they can be read but not posted on which is what most of the long term posters asked for.

A long time ago the board Moderators were going to lock threads that were 12 months old.  It happened to a few threads but then all activity ceased so we are left with ancient threads being resurrected.  Unfortunately it seems to be happening more and more often.

Message 35 of 52
Latest reply

Thank you.

Personally I'd go with the locked and readable but not open to new posts, which gives the advantage of saving useful info, and still lets present problems be dealt with in new threads.

But if what we've got is what we're going to stay with, that's the way it is.
Or whatever it was that Ms Kappelhoff said.
Message 36 of 52
Latest reply

Didn't she also say que sera sera?

Message 37 of 52
Latest reply

Que?
Message 38 of 52
Latest reply

You cannot combine postage with an auto sign in and its not safe if someone else using your phone.
Message 39 of 52
Latest reply

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh.Angry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifAngry head bang.gifstubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Thread started:

Message 40 of 52
Latest reply