Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi everyone, 

Some comments on this thread are becoming a little hostile towards others.

Please remember to keep all posts within the Discussion Board and Content Policies. 

You can review the guidelines here and here

luna-2304

Community Moderation

Message 41 of 70
Latest reply

What I meant by not wanting neg feedback at any cost, is that if I have made the error, or even if someone else, as in AP, I will gladly refund the buyer to correct things. When a seller has 100% positive, as I have, I wish to keep it that way. I always check feedbacks when buying, and if the seller has any negs on their account, is is not a good look. Mainly for private Aussie sellers, I mean, the offshore ones are bound to get a few negs due to the volume of sales. I guess you cant please everyone. I can see  that this thread is becoming a platform for some (not all) to take personal aim at members, and it should be calmed down. It's getting to the stage where people will be swayed not to even ask a question.

Message 42 of 70
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

What I meant by not wanting neg feedback at any cost, is that if I have made the error, or even if someone else, as in AP, I will gladly refund the buyer to correct things. When a seller has 100% positive, as I have, I wish to keep it that way. I always check feedbacks when buying, and if the seller has any negs on their account, is is not a good look. Mainly for private Aussie sellers, I mean, the offshore ones are bound to get a few negs due to the volume of sales. I guess you cant please everyone. I can see  that this thread is becoming a platform for some (not all) to take personal aim at members, and it should be calmed down. It's getting to the stage where people will be swayed not to even ask a question.

All my posts have stated the facts and were in no shape or form personal so you need to get your facts right.

And again you have admitted to saying you don't want to get negative feedback but when I blantantly pointed it out you denied it go figure.

I get annoyed nothing personal lol when a poster writes something and then deny's it as (I didn't really mean it that way).

You got me offside due to your double standards because you expect your buyers to do the right thing but on the other hand as a buyer you want to punish a seller.

I'm just giving my opoinion as if any seller or buyer would and ebay allow it.

And just because tracking shows up at a later date doesn't mean it wasn't posted earlier.

Message 43 of 70
Latest reply

You claim you said nothing personal, ok, well what was that about ME being a reluctant seller, but agressive buyer? If that isn't personal, then I know nothing. Regarding feedback negs, I repeat, I dont want a neg where the issue can be sorted, even if it costs me money, if it was my error, I'll gladly pay up. Whats double standard about that? I do buy a lot more than I sell, yes, I am medically retired, and not running an Ebay business, just personal hobby things excess to my needs. I didn't punish anyone, I opened a Paypal case because I hadn't received my item after almost 2 weeks. I did give them the benefit of the doubt, for much more time than I really needed to, and Paypal sided with me. How is that double standard? I could have lost the case, and had to pay, so be it, I abide by the umpires decision. What's double standard about that. Yes, I will take a seller on if they try one on, and I expect my buyers to do the same to me if need be. That's how business works. Look after your customers, and everyone's happy. I cannot see anything double standard in my way of operating. Also, if the item in question WAS posted earlier, it would have been tracked, as it was tracked on the 11th Sept, but claimed sent on 29th Aug.

Message 44 of 70
Latest reply

All facts nothing personal when determining what you are,and because of the facts that have been written down in your posts shows to me what you are.

Being retired doesn't wash with me either as it doesn't have any baring what so ever so you can put that back in to the drawer.

Doubled standards for sure as surely you can see what you have done for me to state this?

You have not given a seller the same as you now expect to be given to you.

Look good luck to you but I think in future you shouldn't persecute anyone if you don't want it to happen to you.

Message 45 of 70
Latest reply

You are making a personal judgement of me, blind freddy can see that, and so can the Mods obviously. Your words ''what you are'' are  a personal judgement by you of me, would they not. To prove your judgement wrong, in the last half hour I have refunded one of my buyers who didn't get their item in the mail, and the other will be refunded tonight. Check my feedback in a day or two to verify what I am saying, seeing that you like doing detective snooping around my Ebay account. I am not on here ''crying '' about refunding, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up. I don't sell to you, I don't buy from you, so just leave it.

Message 46 of 70
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

You are making a personal judgement of me, blind freddy can see that, and so can the Mods obviously. Your words ''what you are'' are  a personal judgement by you of me, would they not. To prove your judgement wrong, in the last half hour I have refunded one of my buyers who didn't get their item in the mail, and the other will be refunded tonight. Check my feedback in a day or two to verify what I am saying, seeing that you like doing detective snooping around my Ebay account. I am not on here ''crying '' about refunding, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up. I don't sell to you, I don't buy from you, so just leave it.

You're just putting more fuel on the fire lol.

The mods haven't done anything to me so obviously they know the facts are right lol.

And I've never said that you're crying about refunding I said you're crying about receiving negative feedback.

And I don't snoop around your ebay account, now you're being judgemental and personal.

How do you know you don't sell to me?

This isn't my only account as I have 8 accounts lol.

Message 47 of 70
Latest reply

I have two words to say to you. Drop it.

Message 48 of 70
Latest reply

Related image

Message 49 of 70
Latest reply

I have 2 words for you.Stop it.

Well I just can't do that that's drop it as I'm somehow ************ in it.

Message 50 of 70
Latest reply