Manners do matter! - Why are some sellers so abrupt & rude in messages?

This could go either on the seller or buyer board; But as I was the buyer I'll put it here.

Anyway; Fri night  I placed a bid on an item. I haven't really been on ebay since then (& have no mobile phone for the instant messaging stuff)

Today I logged in to get what I feel is a rude & abrupt message saying "Do you want this item? Pay by COB 5/6 or I will relist it" No Please; Hello; Kind regards, best wishes, have a great weekend, Thanks for your purchase, or whatever that I put in my messages to buyers.

Nothing that would entice me to buy more from this seller! - My first thought was actually 1 star for communication! I did pay as soon as I logged on to my computer mail (& then read that message on ebay & had second thoughts about the seller) Please bear in mind that this occured over this weekend & whilst I wasn't away; I was worried about my elderly Dad who was in hospital. (He's fine now!) Not everyone makes ebay their main priority on weekends!

More Importantly - Manners Do Matter! - Please when selling or buying treat the person as you would like to be treated & speak to them in messages as if you were face to face. Sometimes text messages come across as impolite; & then there is the whole thing of 4 or more days to pay by Ebay's rules! 

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Manners do matter! - Why are some sellers so abrupt & rude in messages?

I never thought of using a fake name! I suppose using my real one is how people I've not seen for 40 or so years have found me?

I've found it interesting to correspond with them & see what they look like now though! (I'm holding up well by comparison - which cheers me greatly!) - hair still red with some silver streaks & very few facial lines - despite never really using facial products. My chinline is a bit jowly for my liking though!

One early ex boyfriend is now a grey haired bearded Harley rider! We went out when he was a Naval cadet - shorn hair & a uniform. Weird in the extreme!

Another ex boyfriend's sister found me - her hair is totally white & she's 5 years younger than me!  I can live with F/B contacts like that!

Anyway; To keep on topic; It's Friday & my parcel from the impatient seller hasn't arrived. Oh well!

Message 41 of 41
Latest reply